Traverse Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 1LT Traverse and like most here was told by my dealer that my car had Bluetooth… I tried unsuccessfully for a while to get my dealer to add it and searched every GM related forum I could find to get an answer. Unfortunately, the more I searched it seemed like aftermarket was the only answer I could find. Some people were using the Bluestar kit, but I use and do not want to lose Onstar, so that was not an option for me. I had a Motorola IHF1000 Bluetooth car kit that I had bought for a previous car a couple of years ago and never installed, but I didn’t want to mount the unsightly controller on the dash of my brand new Traverse. Finally, I came across an option that suited me. PAC Audio created the BLU-GM29. It is a plug and play interface between the Traverse and a Bluetooth car kit. It also just happened to work with the Motorola car kit I previously bought. All I had to do was plug the Motorola IHF1000 into the BLU-GM29 and then plug the BLU-GM29 into the back of the Traverse radio. Now I can control the Motorola Bluetooth car kit from my steering wheel controls and my phone calls play over the Traverse’s speakers and any music playing is muted. Onstar still works like normal. This is completely plug and play, no splicing or cutting of any wires. I did have to use the Motorola kit’s microphone which I ran up to the overhead light area and mounted it to the head liner out of sight. Installing the microphone took longer than the rest of the kit. Total time was about 2 hours. The BLU-GM29 changes the button used to answer an incoming call, but otherwise works like factory. However, the radio does not display the incoming call phone number. I really like this setup as it is probably as close to factory Bluetooth I will get without GM coming out with some type of accessory upgrade. You will still need to buy a Bluetooth car kit to go along with the BLU-GM29, but there are a couple of different ones that work with it. Sorry for the really long post, but I hope this helps some of you that are in the same situation that I was in.

Here is a link to the Blu-GM29

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=873&CategoryID=25

and a link to the instructions

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/BLU-GM29/1_Instructions/blu-gm29_instructions_070709.pdf

Steve

1 - 1 of 1 Posts