Traverse Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Update on cabin filter ordered the parts only to get an email later from dealer that the cabin filter was discontinued by GM and not available . Tried numerous sights GM and parts houses and found filter not available only Rock Auto showed part number but was a special order .not available. Non on Ebay either . Scrapped Project for now back to breathing dirty air :sosad:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You have got to be kidding! What exactly did they say was discontinued?

The filter itself is in use in numerous vehicles, and from what many have posted, is again included on the 2011 models.

I mentioned there are two filter covers/holders. Although each does the exact same thing, each has a different part number and there is about a $10.00 price difference between the two. I wonder if one of those parts has been discontinued?

·
Registered
31 Posts
JUst the Filter . The cover was still available but they are holding up shipping . I told them to cancel order ,what good is cover without filter

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There must be something going on with the filters themselves. I don't see how they can discontinue a part which is still in use in past and present models. I would also think that dealer parts departments would have some in stock also. There is also the aftermarket brands which would fit.

Strange!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ran part number thru many parts houses and big dealers in NC all i got was part does not exist anymore . Seems a little strange to me also as I have been a GM fan for 50 years and seen them do this before but they usually have a replacement part number that is a redsigned part . So far not this time

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wonder if they have had issues with fan motors overheating or burning out . Fan has to work a little harder to draw thru filter especially when dirty

·
Registered
381 Posts
aerochev said:
I wonder if they have had issues with fan motors overheating or burning out . Fan has to work a little harder to draw thru filter especially when dirty
Or the filters getting wet. It seems plausable that if leaves can get to there so can moisture. Somebody found leaves in there when installing a filter and somebody else also reported a new mold type smell (Enclave maybe?), but I don't remember seeing a resolution.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was able to order the cover and filter two days ago. I checked RockAuto and found a listing for the filter using the AC Delco part number. So it still exists from what I am seeing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This somehow needs to be merged with the proper tech section in this forum.

This fix is posted in the DIY section, BUT, there is a GM fix and parts for it....a google search led me back here :D.

Anyway, i certainly hope that the parts aren't gone!! I (we as owners) need this for a sanity.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well I received my filter and cover, and the cover had a tab that was broken off. NO packing material inside except a folded up box (the original one from the cover) inside the FedEx box. :eek:hno: The way it was stuffed in there they must have broken the tab off when they packed it, so I have to return it to the dealer and get him to send me a new one. I guess I won't be doing my filter mod for at least 2 more weeks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Very good information

8) Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Excellent Find!

Has anyone been able to cross reference the filter itself to any Fram, STP or other applications? I have tried by searching the internet without much luck. I was just curious if there were other filters in addition to the AC Delco that are confirmed fits for our rigs?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was able to confirm that WIX does NOT make a compatible filter at this time. Still not sure on other manufacturers? I can attest to the fact that our 2012 LS; indeed has the door with a hinge no less....and it did contain the cabin air filter! Bought it with 12 miles on it so I assume it came factory equipped.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
i can see the pics--

·
Registered
101 Posts
Seems the air filter has gone up in price. Back in April I replaced mine for the first time and looked around the different auto parts stores in my area but none of them carried it so I ended up at the dealer and they charged me 47.48 for the filter. I installed it myself rather easily so the price is solely for the part.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
got an email from dealer--- the asterisk- says- plus tax and shop supplies..

wonder if this price includes the filter-- or if this is labor only

CABIN AIR FILTER SPECIAL
$64.95*

Includes: Keep undesirables like dust, pollen and soot out of your passenger compartment, promoting a healthier, more comfortable environment for you and your passengers.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oreilly Auto Parts has them for $8.99. Wonder what the difference is?

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
are the oreillys- AC DELCO?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts