Traverse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Traverse LS w/o tow package. I understand the towing capabilities are 2K lb and the tow package cannot be added by the dealer.
I would like to add the factory hitch in order to attach the bike carrier (p/n 12499171). Can someone point me to the correct parts? I am a bit worried that if the dealer sees a hitch it could void my warranty. I do not intend to do any towing, just want to add the bike carrier.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I don't think that a dealer can void your warranty for just adding at hitch. They would have to prove that you actually towed over the 2000 lbs to void any warranty. I would just shop around a couple hitch dealers in your area.

If you are still concerned about the dealer voiding your warranty, just have a class I hitch added. They are only rated for 2000 lbs. You will just need to make sure you can adapt your bike carrier to it.

Regards,
Mark

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
I think some aftermarket hitches- may stick out too much-- not allowing the factory hitch cover too close....
Im pretty sure someone here (or acadia) forum found this out...
so if hiding the hitch is important- then a factory part would be ideal-- unless someone can give a model/brand that does not stick out- and allows the cover to go in place

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are 2 hitch covers, 1 without the hitch and 1 with that is shaped to allow for the hitch. Should just need to order the new cover. I put a uhaul hitch on my old Outlook just for a bike carrier, but I never put another cover on it.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Online, I can only find 1 hitch cover for the Traverse. I believe that the hitch cover is the same regardless if you have the tow package or not.

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
I think it is 1 hitch cover only...

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
this is my bike rack.
it only setup for 2 bikes... but It can be setup for up to 4.
It also has the capability to fold to allow tailgate to open

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
Uh.........how many license plates do you have????
HEHE--- U noticed...

I have my legal plate-- California.

And my other 2 plates- are- well Ebay purchases (Jalisco- the state I was born in Mexico)... and the Distrito Federal- (Mexico City-where mom was born).
With my 2 older chevrolets- I have them on the front plates- so when my garage is open- people see these mexican plated cars....
when I go to big-big car shows- I swap plates.... they are excellent conversation starters....
usually goes like this...
your cars are mexican chevrolets? or--- you drove to the car show from Mexico?

Bilingual readers will note-- that the plates should actually be on the front of the vehicle-as the word DELANTERA means it should ONLY be used in the front position. (rear plate would say- TRASERA).
if you note in this pic---
the 64 chevy is wearing the Jalisco plate..

·
Registered
105 Posts
I noticed too, I thought it is some James Bond sh1t....... or Jaime Bonda ( I don't know).... lol.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
You had me wondering with those license plates! I thought....rbarrios is from California isn't he?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would like to add a hitch just for a bicycle rack. I've found many receiver hitchest that span the width of the rear of the vehicle...i've also seen "Step" hitches which seem to just be attached at the center. This seems to be a good solution, easy to install, inexpensive, etc. for just a bike rack. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
not sure I know what you mean by step hitches...(thought I THINK- I may know what youre talking about).
you have a link to one you saw online?

·
Registered
11,574 Posts
the factory hitch- 2 of the bolts that hold it.. this is one the left side. (note the muffler hanger location- since I have the single exhaust).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts