Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

2013 Chevy Traverse 2LT AWD 80,000km. 65 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and when I go to turn the AC light on, it blinks a quick 6 times and then the AC light goes out... no cold air. I don't hear any sounds coming from the AC system... Auto turns on high and blows air. Any ideas on what this could be? Hard to believe that a 4 year old car is having this particular issue already. My 2006 Pontiac that I let go had the Air working strong for the past 11 years!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whipster said:
HI, it sounds like your refrigerant level may be low. There could be a leak somewhere. I recommend taking it to a qualified service center to have it checked.
Thank you. I'm hoping it's nothing major. I bought the vehicle in the winter so I really couldn't test it then. I'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
most likely this...

Low Air Conditioning Refrigerant Charge
August 26, 2015

Some 2013-2016 Traverse, Enclave, and Acadia models may have warm air conditioning. A check of the refrigerant level may reveal a very low/empty charge. After performing normal diagnostics, if the source of the refrigerant leak is not found, check for a small refrigerant leak at the rear auxiliary air conditioning evaporator.

Engineering has determined that dust from the blower motor brush on the evaporator may have some copper particles in it, which causes accelerated corrosion to the evaporator. The copper particles are coming from the blower motor during the motor break-in period, so the motor does not need to be replaced.

Remove the rear auxiliary blower control module and insert the GE 50078 Electronic Leak Detector to test for a leak. If a leak is found, replace the rear evaporator.

Also remove the rear blower motor and blow the fan and blower cage (Fig. 9) with compressed air to remove any copper particles and dust that could be redeposited on the new evaporator. This will prevent the possibility of a subsequent failure of the evaporator from the copper dust remaining on the blower fan cage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The temp may need recalibrated. That light blinks when it is below 40 so the air doesnt come on. It happened to ours and there was a reset procedure for whatever tells your vehicle how cold it is. I cant remember the reset but im sure you can search it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I finally took it back to the dealer; they told me the freon was low and that they recharged the ac system. They said they performed multiple checks for leaks, dye check and found nothing. Air works now for both front and rear so will see what happens in a few months.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
thanks for the update.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, I finally took it back to the dealer; they told me the freon was low and that they recharged the ac system. They said they performed multiple checks for leaks, dye check and found nothing. Air works now for both front and rear so will see what happens in a few months.

If the refrigerant was low you have a LEAK. It's a sealed system just as the cooling system is. These systems don't evaporate their coolants and/are it doesn't just go away.

I would NOT use that "dealer" again........just my extremely humble opinion.

Get a set of gauges....No, on second thought, find an honest garage, if possible, and have them check the system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts