Traverse Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
greentraverse said:
I highly doubt the GODs of GM give sh*t what we say on this forum. I'd be surprised if Mary Barra even KNEW she had a forum, let alone any CCS's "monitoring" it.

Chrysler isn't any better. When I went from my '88 to '92 Caravan, I sent them a letter with my disappointment in some things that had been discontinued and some suggestions to improve it and I didn't even get a "thanks, don't call us, we'll call you" response.

They're great on thinking up imaginative commercials to reel in new customers, but the care and feeding of the customers they've already suckered, sorry, reeled in is slim to none.
Sad to say, but your comments have more accuracy than we care to admit.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Quantum said:
The Traverse is going in on Thursday. I'll find out then what the culprit is.
Leaky lines..... is my guess.

I've started to check the bracket that holds mine in place every time I do an oil change.

My 2010 had the leak and both lines had slipped out of the clip that holds them to the sub-frame. I think they shook until the leak developed.

So far haven't moved on the 2014.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issues with my AC on my 2009 Traverse. Had the refrigerant refilled two weeks ago because it just wasn't blowing any cool air, and it seemed ok for a few days. BUt not it blows nothing but hot air (it's already in the 90s where I live) and the light blinks when I try to turn on the AC.

Any suggestions? Insights? Will be taking in to my dealer tomorrow. It's under extended warranty so hoping it's covered.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If the A/C cooled properly after refrigerant was added and now doesn't cool you probably have a leak that must be found and repaired so the system stays fully charged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
silverfish said:
Well, here's the update: That was not quite the issue.

The actuator fix did clear the grinding noise. Then one day when the weather was warm outside (probably 10 days since the first shop visit), as I was driving home from the airport, it started making this cyclic rattling noise (almost like the rattle of a small rattle snake) that is clearly related to something venting. It goes away if you turn off the HVAC main, or turn off the AC. And soon, only warm air was coming out of everywhere.

Took it to the shop, and there was leak in both upper and lower lines - had to replace them both. During the last evac, he had put some dye in the gas, and he showed me where it was leaking. Ordered the two hoses, it is something like 5 hours work. All said and done, it cost me $1200 ($960 + the first visit of $240). Dealership offered no help on the warranty or the cost - sorry pal, you are out of luck, more or less.

Absolutely not happy with the quality of these parts GM put in these cars. Just over 3.5 years and 47K miles. If there is a class action on this, you bet I will be joining it. And I am surprised there isn't a recall on this - considering the number of complaints out there on this across the Lambda platform.

It is running good now. I love the car overall - no question there. Hope it stays that way.
I also had a leak in my high pressure hose from my A/C. 2011 Traverse ~ 50K miles.... I got the same line from the dealer - too bad. We can't even get the parts because there are so many others with the same issue the parts are on backorder.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put a new condenser in my 2010 Chevy Traverse and my ac is doing the same. Blinking on and off. My solar sensor might not be working properly because my dashboard display goes dark until night time. Could this be the issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Traverse started it today. I checked the freion pressure reads about 65psi. Checked the low pressure sensor connection found corroded. Cleaned thought I had something no fix.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only time I have pressed the A/C button and it's blinked and refused to turn on in when it has been really cold outside, I'm assuming that may be in order to prevent things from freezing solid. Apparently cabin temp is measured by the solar sensor in the middle on the windshield.

The outside temp is likely measured also at the sensor on the bumper grill. Maybe a temperature sensor is malfumctioning and thus the refusal to turn on?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Checked voltage at plug to the l.p. sensor have 5volts at 2 locations so input voltage to sensor is good going to change sensor next. Tem sensor in cabin reads ok and oat sensor ok.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AC light blinking 3 times - no cool air.*FIXED*

Pulled the switch pn 20915 and ohmed it from the 5v input side to all the pins 89to 100kohmsway to high. Good is like 5.4 ohm you do not have to bleed off the pressure of the system to change the switch. As soon as I started the car the a.c. light stayed on may even be possible to slave in new switch. A.c. was low with it engaging clutch was at 20psi serviced to 35 when engaged 48 not engaged. It's Fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need some initial trouble shooting steps from the experts here. 2011 Trav 2LT - auto climate.

Outside temp - a balmy 62 here in St.Louis MO. The first +45F day of the Winter here I think. Bright sun too, so inside the car gets plenty warm.

Tried the AUTO setting at 68F- ac is not on. Tried to turn on the ac manually - three blinks, and off.
Tried turning the temp all the way down to 60F - ac is still not turning on, with the manual effort still resulting in 3 blinks and off.

Air coming through the vent is somewhat lukewarm, with no hint of air conditioning.

How/what should I check before approaching the shop?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts