Traverse Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its Friday, am setting in my garage with an Arturo Fuenta Short Story(Hemmingway's favorite) and a 25 oz. Bud. listening to my trial subscription of Sirious XM, or is BM?, with Blue Grass Junction on. After 10 minutes the radio goes off. Have to open the passenger's door, turn the key on, then, when the radio comes on, turn the key off. Goes off every 10 minutes. No ACC. on the switch.......why is that???

Then there's the stupid automatic light control. Down here in the Prommise Land the sun shines 24/7 for about 7 months,give or take. Don't need no stupid head lights.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is an accessory mode on the ignition - is your switch so worn that you can't feel or it skips right over it?

Your auto head lamps also control the DRLs.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Its normal. After 10 minutes my radio like the rest turns off. Same if you let the lights on by accident they will shuts off after aprx 10 minutes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Its Friday, am setting in my garage with an Arturo Fuenta Short Story(Hemmingway's favorite) and a 25 oz. Bud. listening to my trial subscription of Sirious XM, or is BM?, with Blue Grass Junction on. After 10 minutes the radio goes off. Have to open the passenger's door, turn the key on, then, when the radio comes on, turn the key off. Goes off every 10 minutes. No ACC. on the switch.......why is that???

Then there's the stupid automatic light control. Down here in the Prommise Land the sun shines 24/7 for about 7 months,give or take. Don't need no stupid head lights.
You can override the Automatic Light Control and turn off the daytime running lights. Your model doesn't have an accessory position for the key?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"If those are your only two problems then you have a very easy life compared to most Americans"

You're absolutely right. I married a country girl who really had it hard growing up. Me? I'm a city boy, 3 blocks to school,downhill and in the shade both ways, 74 degree all the time.

Born with a "silver" spoons stuck up everywhere. Parents richer than Gates and that other feller combined, etc, etc.

Plum forget about all that.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gonna check that acc. position.

There is a possibility, although extremely remote, that I overlooked it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just wanted to tell you that leaving your radio on with the engine turned off will depleate your battery very quickly. These radios are not like the old days when you could run your radio on for severals hours the keys turned to accessories without affecting your battery. Try to do do this now and within an hour your battery will drain drastically to the point that your car will not restart.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just wanted to tell you that leaving your radio on with the engine turned off will depleate your battery very quickly. These radios are not like the old days when you could run your radio on for severals hours the keys turned to accessories without affecting your battery. Try to do do this now and within an hour your battery will drain drastically to the point that your car will not restart.
I can validate from personal experience with a 2014 Malibu; I ruined a battery by doing just that--I was waiting in a "cell phone" lot at the airport and inadvertently used the "accessories" position (key left in "On" position) for 20 minutes. Ran the battery down and it wouldn't restart without jumping. It recovered enough to get me back home, but ultimately required replacement approximately 2 months later when the first cold spell hit. Oh--the battery was less than two years old. I learned my lesson!

·
Registered
874 Posts
My Traverse ('14) will warn me when I've depleted the radio too much and tells me to start the vehicle ASAP. You can also move the key from ACC to RUN without starting it and the voltmeter is providing the current voltage of the battery. Generally it's still way about the 10.7 or so minimum that I've seen is needed to start the vehicle. I've been listening to it on my lunch break for about 3 years now on this battery.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Apparently", last night, someone broke in to the Traverse and put an ACC position in the ignition switch. It's between the off and the run positions, which everyone knew except me.Should be after or on the left side of the off position....Right?

Letters are faint on the switch, never noticed them before.

·
Registered
874 Posts
"Apparently", last night, someone broke in to the Traverse and put an ACC position in the ignition switch. It's between the off and the run positions, which everyone knew except me.Should be after or on the left side of the off position....Right?

Letters are faint on the switch, never noticed them before.
Well hopefully one of your major annoyances has been resolved!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well hopefully one of your major annoyances has been resolved!

You don't know how many sleepless nights I've had until this was resolved...........But, Capucine just added a new one ..........battery drain. Bought this beast in 18...it's a 15. Still has the original battery.

The Solution??? Get my beloved 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE 3.3 running again. Hasn't ran since I "fixed" it over 2 years ago, and it wasn't broke. It will be my UBER van. Need a lift?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts