Traverse Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was enjoying some nice cold A/C on the way to the baseball field, shut the car off a few minutes, when I started driving again no A/C. That was two days ago, and still no A/C. I do not have the flashing A/C light, and today when I put the gauges on I had a high reading on the low side. Not sure where to go from here…..

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Electric blue

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to investigate a little more tonight, looks like I might have something going on with the a/c clutch, I can get it to engage when I jump the relay (87 to 30) but I’m not getting a very loud click. Also, I got under there and inspected it visually, looks like something is up. As for the condenser itself it is not bound up and will spin freely. I’m going to see if I can find some parts from a local scrap yard to see if it is just the clutch.
Automotive tire Wood Automotive design Rim Steering wheel

Hand Tire Wheel Automotive tire Finger

Wood Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Found a pretty new clutch at the JY, and swapped it out. Shims are good, clutch is engaging and holding strong when I jump the 87 / 30 on the relay, but the clutch will not engage with just the relay. I swapped relay with the horn and tested it, horn is good. Is there another fuse / sensor I am overlooking here, or could it be the compressor is not building any pressure? I don't want to throw parts at it, and find out the compressor isn't the issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven’t bought any of the new components to do the repair yet as I am still baffled as to why the AC light is on solid (not blinking like when low on coolant) and the ac clutch does not engage. If I jump the 87 and 30 for the ac relay the clutch engages fine. Put the relay in and clutch does not engage, don’t want to install a new compressor and still have it not engage.
I know there are two electrical connectors on the compressor, one for the clutch, but what is the other one for? Wondering if I have an electrical issue?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just want to make sure I check everything before throwing new parts at it. Would hate to install a new compressor / accessories and have the same issue. The fact that the AC light comes on as normal like the system is working and the clutch not engaging (unless I jump the relay) makes me wonder if something else might be going on with a sensor or component.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts