Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angryfire:

Help!

My 2013 has been overtaken by HAL from 2001 A Space Oddysey!

When I turn it on it decides what mode I want. I may choose recirc air, or defrost all on its own. In addition, the rear control panel gets very hot

What do I do?

·
Registered
159 Posts
One thing you can try first is to recalibrate the mode actuator. You can do this yourself by: (1) with the vehicle OFF, go to the fuse panel located under the dashboard on the passenger side foot well. Remove the HVAC fuse. Wait a few minutes, then put the fuse back. Wait a few minutes, then start the vehicle but DO NOT TOUCH any AC Controls. You'll hear the actuator moving as the AC module recalibrates it. After a few minutes, you can adjust the AC controls.

I had this happen several times after the dealer fixed my AC on my 09 Enclave. On every occasion, they never calibrated the AC actuators properly, so I learned to do it myself and it worked every time.

If the mode actuator does not recalibrate properly, it may be faulty. If so, you can get it fixed under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.