Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I want to find out is it possible to convert a 7 seat 2020 traverse lt3 pack to 8 passenger. it seams that all I can find is 7 pass with the equipment I want. Thanks Freddie

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's possible in most cases to convert but the equipment on the 7 pass is designed to work with the 7 pass however you could get the 8 pass and and covert to 7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you want a LT3, which I'm pretty sure has the leather, the 8 passenger was only available with cloth/base versions. So you'd have to have it reupholstered or something to get it to match. I don't foresee that being cheap. Plus the cost of the bench seat, whether new or used.
And that's assuming the bench seat would bolt right in too, btw. You'd like to think that GM would've made it "simple" across the board, during production, so I'd like to think it would.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I don't know about the 2020s but I just wanted to remove one bucket seat from my 2015 for some more storage room temporarily. I started loosening the bots and discovered that the nuts on the underbody aren't welded to the body, they are regular hex nuts. I would need to remove the gas tank to access the nuts, no thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know about the 2020s but I just wanted to remove one bucket seat from my 2015 for some more storage room temporarily. I started loosening the bots and discovered that the nuts on the underbody aren't welded to the body, they are regular hex nuts. I would need to remove the gas tank to access the nuts, no thanks.
The nuts have to be welded to the underbody so that you can just remove the bolts. Back in day they used a bolt, washer and nut and that didn't fair well with the introduction of salt and corrosion.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I guess I got a bad one then, bolt and unwelded nut with washers underneath. When I tried to loosen the bolt, it was just spinning with the nut.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like someone may have had those seats out before unless your the original owner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts