Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I needed to haul (5) 4' x 8' sheets of beadboard, so i carefully slid them on top of the roof rails in front of the antenna. I don't have the roof racks, but the rails alone supported the sheets just fine.

The twine went all around-through the door openings and in front /back of the sheets on top. Oh yea, it also had a few 14' long sections of molding over the top with the top edge under the wiper area. It all rode perfect for the 6-mile trip back at 25-35 mph.

A day or two later I got another sheet, but had it cut into two 4' x 4' sections. These sheets bent enough to go in at a 45-degree angle (about 42-43" wide), and once inside a bit to clear the realtively narrow rear entry, they laid flat on the floor.

So, why do you suppose GM did not widen the rear entry just a few inches to get a 4' sheet in flat and level at teh floor height?

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I think Ive seen a thread on one of the lambda forums where they discuss the rear hatch openings... I think theres slight differences between the 4.
Not sure if anyone mentioned a reason why.

·
Registered
43 Posts
rbarrios said:
I think Ive seen a thread on one of the lambda forums where they discuss the rear hatch openings... I think theres slight differences between the 4.
Not sure if anyone mentioned a reason why.
That's why they made the Acadia/Outlook. ;D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I just hook my 6 x 12 flatbed trailer on and I have no issues hauling anything :)

I'm to picky to put dirty building products in the back on my clean Traverse floors he he...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I too wouldn't want to put the sheets inside! Glad to hear it went well tied uptop, you should have taken a pic!

On a side note, we used to have a jeep commander (a box on wheels as I called it). The inside was wide and tall, however the rear hatch opening was narrow and short. Anything would fit inside, but you couldnt get it inside because you couldnt get it through the door! I never understood that.... The traverse is not nearly as bad as the jeep was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts