Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at a friends 2007 or was it 08... Acadia.
He has lights above the 3rd row seats...
Looked at mine-- no 3rd row lights.
did 09 traverses have 3rd row lights?

A

·
0 Posts
I'm almost certain GM dropped the 3rd row lights after model year 08, my 07 has them ;D

·
Registered
78 Posts
My '09 has the 3rd row lights, (although the 3rd row is permanently folded). Maybe it's a Tennessee sort of thing.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
must have deleted the lights from the 2010's...

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
woah!!!

yours is a 2010 1LT- and you have the 3rd row lights...

Im gonna have to go down now- and look at mine. im pretty sure I dont have the 3rd row... im sure I wasnt dreaming..
But you have the captains-- I have bench..
wonder if that has anything to do with it?

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Maybe, but that would seem really strange that the lights are based on a second row bench or captains chairs. I'm thinking that you probably do have them. They are so camoflaged! :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mine has the 3rd row lights. Mine's an LTZ so it has the Cap'n's chairs. My build date is 05/09 (didn't look to see the exact date yet) in Spring Hil, TN (obviously).

On balance, considering the included projector beam headlamps, included roof rack rails, included 3rd row lights, and the rebate I got, I'm pretty okay that my Traverse is the older model.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, mixup.... I do have the 3rd row lights... but I had to call my buddy to confirm our finding...
I am missing lights...

they are in essence a 4th row of lights.
His Acadia has lights in the roof- above cargo area. It lights up the cargo area.

·
Registered
80 Posts
rbarrios said:
woah!!!

yours is a 2010 1LT- and you have the 3rd row lights...

Im gonna have to go down now- and look at mine. im pretty sure I dont have the 3rd row... im sure I wasnt dreaming..
But you have the captains-- I have bench..
wonder if that has anything to do with it?
i have a 2010 1lt w/ captains, same bod of 11/09 as yours i believe w/ 3rd row lighting

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
The only cargo lights on the Traverse are on the lift gate. I don't recall what they light up exactly, but I've never been in a situation where I haven't had enough light.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wonder if they forgot to install them? ::)

Seriously, it could happen. Ask your dealership and have them install them if they are missing.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hehe... I do have the 3rd row lights..

I also have the 2 lights on the tailgate itself...
But his acadia has 2 lights on the ceiling shinning down on the cargo area.

A

·
0 Posts
rbarrios said:
hehe... I do have the 3rd row lights..

I also have the 2 lights on the tailgate itself...
But his acadia has 2 lights on the ceiling shinning down on the cargo area.
To clarify, my 07 Acadia SLT1 has 4 rows of lights on the ceiling and another set in the tailgate. When I mentioned that they were dropped after 08; I thought this was the set of lights you were referring to.

I searched the AF and can't find any pics of the 4 rows of lighting; my Acadia is having the timing chain cover seal replaced so when I get her back I will take pics and post here

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, found a pic online..click to enlarge
look at this picture...

note that the pic is taken from the front row- so you cant see the overhead console/lights that are used by the driver/passenger.

But you can clearly see lights for the 2nd row--- and lights for the 3rd row--- and another set of lights for the cargo area-- so that makes it 4 rows of lights...

(My Traverse sure does not have the 4th set)

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
Appears that this is how the model years go:

2007-08: 4 rows of ceiling lights
2009-early build 2010's: 3 rows of ceiling lights
2010's middle or late build: 2 rows of ceiling lights

So, will there be no rear seat ceiling lights for 2011?

I can see the dropping of the lights over the cargo area, since the tailgate lights do the same thing, but dropping the 3rd row lights is not a good thing, people sitting in the 3rd row DO use them, at least I have on occasion when sitting back there with my daughter(s), and my daughters have used them back there before as well. I don't think it makes any difference what seat you have, I have the bench (I know, Buick might be optioned a little different, but things like this seem to be consistant across the Lambda line). Somewhere I've heard that Enclaves don't have 3rd row lights either for 2010.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think for 2012 you get a candle and a book of matches!

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just a correction-- I made a mistake- my 2010 1LT does have the 3rd row lights... it does not have the cargo ceiling lights,.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts