Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2010 1LT with the second row in a bench configuration. My question is if I wanted to, could I have the dealer order the captains chairs have them replace the bench or is that not possible?

G

·
:welcome:

The swap can be done at a substatial cost to you; I don't think anyone has done this swap as of yet. I'm not sure a dealer would be willing to make the conversion, but it wouldn't hurt to ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed the option on the website "www.chevrolet.com" is only $495 when building one, in my zip code on a 1LT. I would assume the dealer would charge labor on top of that, however, depending on how involved it would be, perhaps one could order the parts necessary and do it themselves. Obviously, the biggest question would be, do the floor rails line up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I asked a dealer about converting the second row captain's chairs to a bench, but they said that they wouldn't do it due to liability reasons. I don't know either if the rails in the floor would match up, but I am interested to hear if someone does get the conversion (one way or another) to work.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
that is the price for a factory job.

doing this after- will cost more. parts and labor.

Unless you do it yourself... but I have not seen someone do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is an issue thats been discussed in several strings over the years on the Acadia board. The short story is; no, the mounts do not line up and the floorpans are different. It would be a very expensive coversion and would probably be cheaper to obtain another vehicle.

G

·
These kind of threads always prompt the question in my head

Why didn't this person just buy one with Captain's chairs? I mean if you are thinking about making a conversion there must be something about the bench configuration that you don't like

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AA/78U said:
These kind of threads always prompt the question in my head

Why didn't this person just buy one with Captain's chairs? I mean if you are thinking about making a conversion there must be something about the bench configuration that you don't like
Good Point AA/78U. While I am very happy with my 2nd row bench and have no complaints thus far, my curiosity simply got the best of me. I figured with the breath of knowledge of users in this forum, I would simply ask the question. I believe I have my answer....thank you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I seriously doubt the floor is different it doesn't seem cost effective to me. I believe the holes are pre-existing and that its just a matter of getting the seats with floor covers and a rear carpet section(the carpet is a 2 piece).

G

·
EjK2010 said:
Good Point AA/78U. While I am very happy with my 2nd row bench and have no complaints thus far, my curiosity simply got the best of me. I figured with the breath of knowledge of users in this forum, I would simply ask the question. I believe I have my answer....thank you.
I understand, I hope I was being overly critical..........it wasn't my intention; enjoy your Traverse

·
Registered
43 Posts
There was someone over on the Acadia forum that did this. The rails need to be relocated, but the holes are there. Obviously the carpet etc. will need to be altered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts