Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a couple of pics of the General Grabber ATX on my Traverse. I went with the 265/70 since it was a confirmed fit, but think I could have had room for the 275/70.

These things definitely changed the look of the vehicle for the better! They ride smooth and are very quiet for an aggressive tread.

Hope the pics work, if not I will have to fix them when I get on a computer... Don't mind the dirty beat up Traverse.. I only paid $300 for it. LOL.

EDIT: PICS DIDNT WORK WITH HOW I TRIED, SO I LOADED THEM INTO MY GALLERY AND POSTED THEM BELOW.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got all excited to see pictures... they aren't working yet! Subscribed for the update!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Wow. I think you made a good decision to stay with the 265. They look very similar in size than the ones i provided on my pictures but oh my! The treads are very coarse. Surprised that they are quiet. Looks more like tires that are made for. Off roading. Your Traverse looks very nice with these big slippers.your rims are the same as mine. Made in Brazil. They are nice steel rims but here with the winter salt on the roads they rust like crazy..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. I think you made a good decision to stay with the 265. They look very similar in size than the ones i provided on my pictures but oh my! The treads are very coarse. Surprised that they are quiet. Looks more like tires that are made for. Off roading. Your Traverse looks very nice with these big slippers.your rims are the same as mine. Made in Brazil. They are nice steel rims but here with the winter salt on the roads they rust like crazy..
After looking at your pictures and knowing that these had such an aggressive tread, stayed with the 265. If I had used a less aggressive all terrain, I may have attempted the 275. I am happy with the outcome. They really give the truck a better look. The Brazil made rims are the standard steel wheels that come with hubcaps/wheel covers. I just tossed the caps in the trash and added the chrome lug nuts. I think it looks much better that way, and I can keep the wheels cleaner after driving near the salt water.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks awesome! I like that you didn't go overly wide or "poke" the tires out of the body. Nice!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, I am digging the look. Now if it would actually have the Off Road capability to fully utilize them, that would be awesome! Hahahaha.
Haha yea, I would strongly recommend limiting the Traverse to "soft roading". Having spent plenty of time underneath it to install side steps and do fluid changes I can safely say that NOTHING is protected underneath and you'd run a high risk of damage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha yea, I would strongly recommend limiting the Traverse to "soft roading". Having spent plenty of time underneath it to install side steps and do fluid changes I can safely say that NOTHING is protected underneath and you'd run a high risk of damage.
yeah, I have been under there as well. I would think that the engineers would have protected things a little better even for highway use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts