Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gassed up this morning- and got on the freeway - freeway was clear- here in LA-- I guess many decided to make it a 4 day weekend...
But- I simply got behind several cars following a SEMI- and set cruise at 56 MPH.
Traveled for about 15 miles...
Whats interesting- is that by the time I refuel- Ill be down to about 19 MPG- with combined city/hwy...
My DIC is usually accurate. within .5 to 1 MPG.
one day soon- Ill take a long trip and cruise along gently-- to see what I get.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Good MPG is very doable.

It is all how you drive the Traverse keep the RPM's between 2500 and 3000.

Good steady accelerations and just easing the pedal and I have seen great MPG.

Way better than my Truck which had a 5 cylinder engine. It made no difference how I drove it. It always came out the same.

All though the there is not a big difference In MPG between my new Traverse and my old Colorado I'll take the extra $10 I'm saving every week. :D

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my in city shifts- take place at about 2000 RPM's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Our DIC once read 31.5 MPG, but it was only for a split second and it was only right after pulling out of the gas station. :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
I once got 25.5 mpg on a road trip with no cars on the one lane highway. I set the cruise at 65 mph and was amazed that the gas tank wasn't getting empty. I got 510 miles on that tank of gas.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice mileage on that tank!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Best I've done is on a 60 mile trip, I tried to "hypermile" it. I reset the MPG before rolling, and by the end I had 24.2 MPG. This was on an AWD model too, so I was impressed. The trip was on 2 lane highway, with very little traffic and included two stops at stop-lights. Highest speed was around 65 MPH.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have got 27 MPG driving home from work after filling up, mostly highway miles on 33 mile trip. but right after I got back into my subdivision it dropped to 24 MPG. I am impressed. Also we now have 23000 miles on it. And we got 14000 miles on the second oil change.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, 14 K on the oil... I think the most Ive seen from posters is 10-12K...
thats what mine is currently on track for...
Im getting about 100 miles per 1% of the OLM....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Came back from Geenbay, Wi today (to Chicago) and averaged 26.3 mpg's at 65mph for the entire 190 miles. ;D

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
excellent results.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was pretty happy to say the least.. That's been the best milage so far. Taking this trip in the past I would get about 24.9 - 25.4 depending on the weather, wind, etc... Maybe it's just my vehicle but I also get 18mpg's around town ;D

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Only have about 125km on the Traverse so far, but I am getting 19.1 MPG on mixed driving (break-in). I hope this keeps up!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased a new 2010 in February. Took it on a long trip just two days after buying it. I was pleased with the mileage considering we were in the break in period. We got between 22 and 24 on the interstates. On one side trip we took on two lane highways at 55 miles per hour we were very surprised when I calcukated the MPG's. I figured and refigured and came up each time with 31.5 miles per gallon.

Fire Crow

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Just got 17.1 MPG on our first tank full. The DIC was dead on accurate with fuel used and MPG!! I couldn't believe it. This tank was 90% city driving and 10% hwy kilometers. I'm happy with this so far.

·
Registered
11,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
firecrow...

when you broke it in-- on your long trip- 2 days afer buying it... where you still below 500 miles?
If so--- you got on highway and stayed at highway speeds ?

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) Wow that’s impressive

8) Steve

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Fire Crow said:
Just purchased a new 2010 in February. Took it on a long trip just two days after buying it. I was pleased with the mileage considering we were in the break in period. We got between 22 and 24 on the interstates. On one side trip we took on two lane highways at 55 miles per hour we were very surprised when I calcukated the MPG's. I figured and refigured and came up each time with 31.5 miles per gallon.

Fire Crow
How many miles made up the side trip that netted you the 31.5 MPG ?

Bob

1 - 20 of 65 Posts