Traverse Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
There are some differences in the dingy towing instructions between various 2nd Gen models. One year says pull a fuse, one year does not. So it would be nice to know what the recall change says.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let me ask a silly question. With the news that rear park assist appears to be dead on the 2023s, if I get a 2022 Traverse that shows "retrofit included" on sticker does that mean I could still get it or because Chevy has announced they are killing it for now, that all retrofits on 2022 are dead now as well?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Let me ask a silly question. With the news that rear park assist appears to be dead on the 2023s, if I get a 2022 Traverse that shows "retrofit included" on sticker does that mean I could still get it or because Chevy has announced they are killing it for now, that all retrofits on 2022 are dead now as well?
They will retrofit the vehicle when parts are available. Not sure about the rear park assist being dead on the 2023 unless this is a recent change as I have one recently purchased that is equipped with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They will retrofit the vehicle when parts are available. Not sure about the rear park assist being dead on the 2023 unless this is a recent change as I have one recently purchased that is equipped with it.
According to this, starting with mid-October production there will no longer be rear assist offered on the 2023 models. I've seen some in transit where the window sticker just shows the credit for $145 and no statement about retrofit like some of the earlier 2023 and 2022 window stickers. So the question seems to be is GM just no longer even adding the sensors in their Traverses now? Or are they saying they just gave up on getting the chips needed for the option and those that have the sensors and offered a retrofit are now out of luck as well?

·
Registered
44 Posts
According to this, starting with mid-October production there will no longer be rear assist offered on the 2023 models. I've seen some in transit where the window sticker just shows the credit for $145 and no statement about retrofit like some of the earlier 2023 and 2022 window stickers. So the question seems to be is GM just no longer even adding the sensors in their Traverses now? Or are they saying they just gave up on getting the chips needed for the option and those that have the sensors and offered a retrofit are now out of luck as well?

I don’t think they can not retrofit it if says it will. I have a Blazer needing seat and steering wheel retrofits and I signed paperwork at purchase that it would be included. I guess technically they could try to not honor the signed paperwork.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t think they can not retrofit it if says it will. I have a Blazer needing seat and steering wheel retrofits and I signed paperwork at purchase that it would be included. I guess technically they could try to not honor the signed paperwork.
I would think you are good. I was more curious to know if you bought a Traverse now that had the sensors but not the chip, would you still have the option of being retrofit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would think you are good. I was more curious to know if you bought a Traverse now that had the sensors but not the chip, would you still have the option of being retrofit.
I’m not concerned about my retrofit. It happens in a week but was explaining what happened with my purchase. The same should happen if the retrofit is still available for the Traverse you purchase. I would talk with the dealership that has one you are looking at.

·
Registered
644 Posts
From the article, it sounds like freshly made Traverse's (about a month ago and on) won't have the option to have them retrofitted. You'll just see a credit and it won't mention the "retrofit at a later date."

Now if you found one that was made before mid-October, you should be eligible for the small credit & the retrofit (if it doesn't have it already).
Ultimately, the window sticker will say it or not though.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts