Traverse Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 22 Redline went to shop to get "retrofit" and they updated the dash panels. There are now buttons for heated and ventilated seats. Heated works but I don't think the ventilated is working. The button definitely turns on some fans in/under the front seats -- you can hear them -- but no air comes out of the seats. If anything there is a VERY slight intake of air at the cushions (sucking, not blowing). Is that how it's supposed to be??? I expected it to blow air out of the seat cushions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 22 Redline went to shop to get "retrofit" and they updated the dash panels. There are now buttons for heated and ventilated seats. Heated works but I don't think the ventilated is working. The button definitely turns on some fans in/under the front seats -- you can hear them -- but no air comes out of the seats. If anything there is a VERY slight intake of air at the cushions (sucking, not blowing). Is that how it's supposed to be??? I expected it to blow air out of the seat cushions.
I've notice similar with vented seat function. It seems very weak to me. I've been considering asking the dealership about it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 High Country
1,266 Posts
Normal. Ventilated seats only move a small amount of air through them. Air flow is not like what comes out of any other vent.
Seat fans in my '20 are loud compared to my '11 LTZ Tahoe which is quieter on high than the Traverse on low speed.

Reactions: Rockyhammock

·
Registered
49 Posts
The window sticker will show a credit & say "Includes Later Retrofit" if it is missing something.
For example, this one is missing the rear park assist:
Yes, I did check it out and I do have a Retrofit available, and which they did credit me some cash off, but it is for the "Rear Park Assists" which personally, I do not really want or need. Would you just go ahead and skip it then?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, I did check it out and I do have a Retrofit available, and which they did credit me some cash off, but it is for the "Rear Park Assists" which personally, I do not really want or need. Would you just go ahead and skip it then?
That would be your choice. I personally would do it so it is not missing anything. It doesn’t cost you anything to have them retrofit it other than the time to take it in. My dealership gives me a loaner while they have my vehicle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That would be your choice. I personally would do it so it is not missing anything. It doesn’t cost you anything to have them retrofit it other than the time to take it in. My dealership gives me a loaner while they have my vehicle.
That was kind of a question if they gave me some money off for not having it and now I retrofit it would they want that money back?

·
Registered
44 Posts
That was kind of a question if they gave me some money off for not having it and now I retrofit it would they want that money back?
Nope. You don’t have to give them any money back. It will only cost you the time of taking it in. The money off was for the inconvenience of missing the feature and having to take it back for the retrofit. If they try to charge you then something isn‘t right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
... I don't think the ventilated is working. The button definitely turns on some fans in/under the front seats -- you can hear them -- but no air comes out of the seats. If anything there is a VERY slight intake of air at the cushions (sucking, not blowing). Is that how it's supposed to be??? I expected it to blow air out of the seat cushions.
Answering my own question here: Yep, confirmed today at dealership in a new High Country, the ventilated seats draw air IN rather than blowing out and they do so at a VERY low strength. So don't expect much.

·
Registered
644 Posts
No....get it done (it's free)

I plan on getting ours done too (as mine is only missing the Rear Park Assist too)....I'm just waiting for the notification.

·
Registered
2022 Chevy Traverse RS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Heated/vented front seats and middle heated seats were retrofitted on my 22 Premier about a week ago. Received notice of it via the Mychevy app that the recall was issued and ready to be taken into the dealer. Took them a little over a week to get the parts in and a day in the shop to complete. Obviously I'm extremely happy! Hope everyone waiting gets their retrofits soon.
What exactly did your notification say on your app?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On September 27th through the myChevrolet app on phone and in Traverse received notice to set appointment for retrofit, which I did for October 5th. On October 1st received an orange letter from GM that parts were at dealership and to call to set appointment. Also received a call from dealership in the afternoon, that parts were in and to bring Traverse early on October 5th so they can get the work done ASAP.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts