Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know it’s not a Traverse but I’m still waiting on the retrofit for my 2022 Blazer purchased in January. I haven’t received any notifications about it. I talked with my dealership service department about a week ago and they are starting to see more customers come in for their retrofit. He thinks mine should be coming up soon. He will follow up with parts department when he can get the body shop appointment to fix a trim piece to hopefully take care of everything at once.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally they said the ~4th quarter of 2022, so technically that doesn't start until October (thru December).....just sayin'
I’m going by the paperwork I signed with the purchase of my Blazer in January which yes is a different model but does say Summer 2022. I’m happy my 2023 Traverse that’s in transit appears to have all the chips based on window sticker but it is a little frustrating still waiting on chips for my 2022.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heated/vented front seats and middle heated seats were retrofitted on my 22 Premier about a week ago. Received notice of it via the Mychevy app that the recall was issued and ready to be taken into the dealer. Took them a little over a week to get the parts in and a day in the shop to complete. Obviously I'm extremely happy! Hope everyone waiting gets their retrofits soon.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I’m going by the paperwork I signed with the purchase of my Blazer in January which yes is a different model but does say Summer 2022. I’m happy my 2023 Traverse that’s in transit appears to have all the chips based on window sticker but it is a little frustrating still waiting on chips for my 2022.
Oh, I was talking about the Traverse retrofit(s) stated timeline btw. I have no clue about the Blazers

That's cool that they got the 2023's sorted out though!! (no retrofits needed)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heated/vented front seats and middle heated seats were retrofitted on my 22 Premier about a week ago. Received notice of it via the Mychevy app that the recall was issued and ready to be taken into the dealer. Took them a little over a week to get the parts in and a day in the shop to complete. Obviously I'm extremely happy! Hope everyone waiting gets their retrofits soon.
Did you need new control panels or just the chip? I’ll need both so curious if it was a day for all of that. I’ve received the notice so I’ll call tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is the chip retrofit for the heated and cooled front seats and second row heated seats. Also there should be one for the heated steering wheel at some point. Others may be missing other things but that was all I am missing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK, so these are needed for items on the vehicle that are not working due to no chip availability at the time? I do not recall having to sign a retrofit, but I will double check.
Correct. The window sticker and your paperwork should note if retrofit was needed. Either no chip or on some the blower motor for the ventilated seats. Some only need the chips installed where on some models some are even missing the buttons to activate the feature.

I’m still waiting on my replacement Traverse to come in but for example my Blazer needs retrofit for front heated and ventilated seats, rear heated seats and heated steering wheel. The buttons are there for the seats but not the steering wheel. They offered a minor discount for the inconvenience of them not working and having to wait. I believe it was $150 for everything missing on mine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Correct. The window sticker and your paperwork should note if retrofit was needed. Either no chip or on some the blower motor for the ventilated seats. Some only need the chips installed where on some models some are even missing the buttons to activate the feature.

I’m still waiting on my replacement Traverse to come in but for example my Blazer needs retrofit for front heated and ventilated seats, rear heated seats and heated steering wheel. The buttons are there for the seats but not the steering wheel. They offered a minor discount for the inconvenience of them not working and having to wait. I believe it was $150 for everything missing on mine.
Well I know we have Heated seats and steering but do not appear to have ventilated seats in my LT. Do not see a button for ventilated either, so assume it was not available in my Traverse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you need new control panels or just the chip? I’ll need both so curious if it was a day for all of that. I’ve received the notice so I’ll call tomorrow.
Both control panels had to be done on mine along with the chips. I already had the heated steering wheel and backup assist from factory but it came with no buttons for heated/vented seats. Here's a listing of the parts they installed...

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well I know we have Heated seats and steering but do not appear to have ventilated seats in my LT. Do not see a button for ventilated either, so assume it was not available in my Traverse.
The window sticker will show a credit & say "Includes Later Retrofit" if it is missing something.
For example, this one is missing the rear park assist:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts