Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have problems with a transmission leak? Notice about one spot every week on the driveway. Went to the dealer once and they said it was the plug seal (I knew that was not the problem). Traverse just went to the dealer for the second time. Hopefully they don't have to take apart the whole tranny.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Certainly not something I remember seeing, so I'd say it's not a common issue. Keep us updated in case anyone else experiences the issue.

Reactions: RandyMan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the same dealer 3 times and he kept saying it was residual oil from the first leak. I told him no fing way and tried another dealer. Right away he noticed it was leaking and said that it looks like a very small leak and it’s seeping out of the cast aluminum. He’s seen poor casting before on the casing of the transmission. He added dye to the oil and told me to come back in so he can see exactly where it’s seeping from.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I seem to recall someone with a Gen 1 (I think) with this problem. Bad casing casting. You might want to do a search using the search field at the top of the page.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I recall this (case leak) too on a Gen I, but can't remember if it was the trans, or a differential.

·
Registered
2019 Premier FWD
102 Posts
I have a 2019 and have no known leaks. No drops on driveway/garage floor.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
There was a bulletin on some '20's for a leak from the accumulator.
Mine was not affected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts