Traverse Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,102 Posts
Warranty should start when vehicle is placed ''in service'' which is when you actually take delivery, and it is titled and tagged. That's when dealer activates OnStar and Sat. radio also.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hello everyone! I will start by saying I feel your pain as I am in a very similar situation to a lot of you and would love any advice from anyone who has gone through this already. Here’s my situation.

I ordered a 2022 Traverse from the dealer on 3/17/22. It was built 4/12, and on 4/13 it was dropped off at a holding yard in Waterford/Pontiac. The dealer insisted that I need to fill out the paperwork, so I signed the papers and purchased it on 4/19, but was assured that it “would be in soon”.
I’m from the Detroit area like some of you and the dealer is about 15 miles from the holding yard. So as of 5/30 I am still waiting and all of my efforts to push things in the right direction have failed. The dealer says it continues to wait on dispatch from the carrier but also claims they have requested authorization from GM to pick up the car themselves but are waiting to hear back. I’ve spoken with the online Chevrolet chat and the Dealer so far so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of how to Get GM to honor my warranties/onstar/roadside assistance from the date I end up taking delivery instead of the purchase date?
What dealer are you working with/buying from btw?
(as I'm local)

They shouldn't have been able to "sell" you the car without it on the lot though....that's a big no no
(as the warranty and/or other issues could pop up (like damaged in transit or something), as you just mentioned)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sooo....update:

I went and talked to the 2nd dealer that told me about the "defect" and it's true.
There is a "defect" with a "heater core line" (his words) and instead of shutting the line down, they're still producing them and then will repair them in the yards after the fact. He claims it's a 16 hour repair job too.
Then he showed me on the update/map that our car was moved to a different yard near the plant and it's sitting/waiting for the repair.
Fantastic :rolleyes:
I work at a GM dealership in Canada and I asked our GM and Service manager about this and they have not heard of this issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone! I will start by saying I feel your pain as I am in a very similar situation to a lot of you and would love any advice from anyone who has gone through this already. Here’s my situation.

I ordered a 2022 Traverse from the dealer on 3/17/22. It was built 4/12, and on 4/13 it was dropped off at a holding yard in Waterford/Pontiac. The dealer insisted that I need to fill out the paperwork, so I signed the papers and purchased it on 4/19, but was assured that it “would be in soon”.
I’m from the Detroit area like some of you and the dealer is about 15 miles from the holding yard. So as of 5/30 I am still waiting and all of my efforts to push things in the right direction have failed. The dealer says it continues to wait on dispatch from the carrier but also claims they have requested authorization from GM to pick up the car themselves but are waiting to hear back. I’ve spoken with the online Chevrolet chat and the Dealer so far so if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions of how to Get GM to honor my warranties/onstar/roadside assistance from the date I end up taking delivery instead of the purchase date?
So frustrating, I know!
I have been in contact with GM multiple times in the last 3 weeks and each time they say "we don't have an update, we put in a ticket to expedite the shipping we will let you know when something changes". But, I am still not getting any real answers.

Did you ever hear back from GM about being able to pick up vehicle from the shipyard?
I am in West Virginia, so I am a good haul away from the shipyard in Lansing, MI.

I would assume that those warranties wouldn't start until you were in possession of the vehicle?
If I remember correctly, they took my e-mail &all that info (for onstar and XM) the day I picked up my (2020 Equinox) 2 years ago.
Thankful they have not forced me to sign on my loan yet for my traverse. I only had to sign a bill of sale at the dealership to lock it in as mine and will finish the rest when my car gets here.

Hopefully we aren't waiting much longer!

Good luck to ya! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I work at a GM dealership in Canada and I asked our GM and Service manager about this and they have not heard of this issue.
So you think the sales guy told me a lie to NOT sell me a car (as I was ready to buy) and was telling me not to wait for it to show up?
I mean the car showed up the following week, so it doesn't matter to me now but there are still Traverses that have been built months ago just sitting in a storage lot instead of being shipped out.

So, clearly, something happened and/or there is a reason. I'm just passing on what was told to me, as the dealer had about 10 other cars (that were sold &) "stuck" at that lot that had been built.
Whether you choose to believe it or not, that's up to you.

Better yet, if you know the "real" reason: I'm all ears! ;)

P.S. The Service Manager would have ZERO clue about new car delivery delays :rolleyes:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
This was the car that we were originally going to buy....it was built in the middle of February and due to "show up any day" (the sales guy kept promising) as it was showing "in transit."
Yet, here it is the beginning of June and it's STILL showing "In Transit". Mind you, the plant is about only 45 minutes from the dealer.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Traverse RS
29 Posts
This was the car that we were originally going to buy....it was built in the middle of February and due to "show up any day" (the sales guy kept promising) as it was showing "in transit."
Yet, here it is the beginning of June and it's STILL showing "In Transit". Mind you, the plant is about only 45 minutes from the dealer.

My dealer still has a 2021 "in transit" on their website lol
My salesman said in February, that ones not coming.

·
Registered
2022 High Country "Pending Dispatch" in Waterford
20 Posts
We ordered last September. We knew it would be a long wait, but the vehicle was built late April and now sits in that Waterford lot "pending dispatch". I spoke with Chevy Customer Care, they were not much help. The "844" number posted in the other thread doesn't seem to be Chevy, does any one else have contact numbers? Anyone try the news guys that chase problems like this ("Help Me Hank" is one)? I'm 10 minutes from that lot, the Dealer is not far away either. Supposedly there are holding lots that will allow the dealers to pick up vehicles, but not Waterford...

The Dealer was invoiced, so this should mean the vehicle is done (no pending heater line or other fixes required). I have the VIN and order number.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
So you think the sales guy told me a lie to NOT sell me a car (as I was ready to buy) and was telling me not to wait for it to show up?
I mean the car showed up the following week, so it doesn't matter to me now but there are still Traverses that have been built months ago just sitting in a storage lot instead of being shipped out.

So, clearly, something happened and/or there is a reason. I'm just passing on what was told to me, as the dealer had about 10 other cars (that were sold &) "stuck" at that lot that had been built.
Whether you choose to believe it or not, that's up to you.

Better yet, if you know the "real" reason: I'm all ears! ;)

P.S. The Service Manager would have ZERO clue about new car delivery delays :rolleyes:

Don't want to get into a pissing match with you but a service manager would absolutely know this and any stop deliveries that GM imposes. Not saying you are passing on false info but in my near 35 years working at a GM dealership I have certainly heard quite a few sales people speak the un truths.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What dealer are you working with/buying from btw?
(as I'm local)

They shouldn't have been able to "sell" you the car without it on the lot though....that's a big no no
(as the warranty and/or other issues could pop up (like damaged in transit or something), as you just mentioned)
I agree, I was very hesitant to complete the purchase. Ultimately I ended up doing it because they didn’t really offer the option to wait, I had already placed a deposit that I didn’t want to lose, and they were assuring me that it would be in “soon”. Huge mistake in restrospect.

As for the dealer, I am not really to the point where I want to put their name out there, perhaps when all is said and done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So frustrating, I know!
I have been in contact with GM multiple times in the last 3 weeks and each time they say "we don't have an update, we put in a ticket to expedite the shipping we will let you know when something changes". But, I am still not getting any real answers.

Did you ever hear back from GM about being able to pick up vehicle from the shipyard?
I am in West Virginia, so I am a good haul away from the shipyard in Lansing, MI.

I would assume that those warranties wouldn't start until you were in possession of the vehicle?
If I remember correctly, they took my e-mail &all that info (for onstar and XM) the day I picked up my (2020 Equinox) 2 years ago.
Thankful they have not forced me to sign on my loan yet for my traverse. I only had to sign a bill of sale at the dealership to lock it in as mine and will finish the rest when my car gets here.

Hopefully we aren't waiting much longer!

Good luck to ya! :)
Thanks, still no updates about the dealer being able to pick it up from the holding yard. I’m unsure out the onstar and XM but I have received emails about my onstar trial running out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered a 2022 High Country fully equipped, March 25th, 2022. 3 weeks later I received noticed it was built and it should be shipped soon. Here we are over 10 weeks later (from time ordered) and it has not yet been shipped. I was at the dealer this morning. Salesman checked my order and it still shows "pending" shipping. There are no holds for chips, no holds for other equipment, no holds for any other reason. Jerry Cooper is the transport company contracted to do the shipping and they are working. So what is the hold up besides the generic answer of "not enough drivers"?
I know there are others who have waited much longer and others who have received their vehicle within 4-6 after ordering. I don't understand their logic in shipping.
Sorry...had to vent!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
We are getting the same onstar and xm emails. Frustrating. I spoke with someone at Jack Cooper, since they are the company that hauled TO that Waterford lot. He said that GM has to release the vehicle for shipping, and he was not sure who at GM does that. The number I called at GM was 800 222-1020, the first call did not result in a case number, the second one did. Not sure why they won't let the dealers pick the vehicles up or arrange their own transport. For sure there is some sort of transportation bottleneck. And certainly the fuel prices are not helping that.

Anxiously waiting....

Bob

·
Registered
20 Posts
22Trav, Nichole12, Angelb323, any news on your vehicles? Ours is still stuck in the Waterford lot (over 2 months now). I've been making inroads with the companies involved, GM/Chevy, Jack Cooper, and the lot management company. Lots of people "looking into it" and "escalating" my case. But no answers yet on when it will ship, or why it got stuck.

I can see the vehicle status and location on the MyChevy app on my phone, so I can see that someone was doing something last Wednesday. But its still in that lot.

Anyone else with ideas on who I need to call?

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
22Trav, Nichole12, Angelb323, any news on your vehicles? Ours is still stuck in the Waterford lot (over 2 months now). I've been making inroads with the companies involved, GM/Chevy, Jack Cooper, and the lot management company. Lots of people "looking into it" and "escalating" my case. But no answers yet on when it will ship, or why it got stuck.

I can see the vehicle status and location on the MyChevy app on my phone, so I can see that someone was doing something last Wednesday. But its still in that lot.

Bob
No, nothing new on my end. Almost 11 weeks since its first delivery date.
I tried to contact the shipping yard that my vehicle is at and all I could find was a wrong #.
I have been watching the lots around me and almost all of them have had traverses come and go during my wait time.
So frustrating!

Fingers crossed it isn't much longer for any of us!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nicole12, what lot is yours at? Mine is in Waterford/Summit. So I am pretty close. I used that phone number you posted and "escalated" my case with the "Executive Team", but after a week or so the answer wound up being the same.... There is nothing they can do other than put it on the "Late" list.

I can see mine in the MyChevy app, so I could see that a week ago Wednesday the vehicle was turned on a couple times and someone put 1/4 tank of gas in it. But then nothing for over a week. I keep digging with the lot management people and the Jack Cooper trucking company, but I only ever get the same details that the dealer sees.

it seems that some vehicles get stuck, and some not. Ours is a High Country, and we ordered the rubber floor mats (dealer installed option), could it be that the floor mats are managed during the transit step and thats whats causing the issue. Probably not, but I have not found any reason that some vehicles have these delays.

I was looking at a local dealer (Feldman Chevy in Highland Mi) they show 36 traverses, but when you look deeper, they have 2 on the lot, and 34 in transit. So this problem is really bad.

After all the emails and phone calls, I starting to think that its just going to get shipped when they get to it. But I'm not giving up.

If I find any other people to call or whatever, I'll post it here (on this forum, there are at least 3 threads)

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts

Bob
Hey Bob,
So unfortunately the Traverse I ordered remains on the Waterford lot as well. I couldn't deal with the headache anymore so I sold the Traverse back to the dealership. My patience ran out.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts