Traverse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2022 Chevy Traverse RS and was looking for some professional help / suggestions on how to do some upgrades on the audio system. The RS trim level comes with the upgraded 10 speaker Bose audio system. I’m looking primarily to add more bass. I’d prefer to leave everything else as is, unless you guys think I need to upgrade the speakers all the way around? What I’d like to do is add a pair of either 12 inch or 15 inch subwoofers to the rear of the vehicle in a ported box if they will fit back there without removing any seating and an amp to power it. Ideally, I’d like to upgrade my stock alternator to a high output version, but mechman said they only had ones that would bolt in to the Traverses through the 2019 model year. I would do the big 3 wiring upgrade as well. Can I hook up a pair of subs with amp to the factory head unit without drowning out the mids and highs from the other speakers? Any suggestions on where I could get a high output alternator for a 2022 Traverse? I’m thinking 370 amps to 400 plus if available. I would have everything professionally installed as well. Does upgrading a factory alternator void any factory warranties on my vehicle? Any suggestions you guys can provide on this build would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,048 Posts
Any aftermarket add ons will void the warranty on those parts and the systems they are connected to.
One of the first things in the factory service manual in the diagnostics is the question, are there any aftermarket accessories installed. Many issues are related to aftermarket accessories putting ''noise'' into the factory computer network.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts