Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In December I got lucky and was able to purchase a 2022 Traverse RS in Cherry Red. It's beautiful and sporty and I love driving it. But I am 5'2" so I purchased the Chevrolet molded assist steps which were installed by the dealership today. I almost fell when I went to get in my vehicle, but I was in a hurry so I thought maybe I needed to center my foot better. When I got home, and got out, I realized that the step would bend away and slant down from the vehicle when I put my weight on it. I weigh 160 but I would think an "assist step" would be able to support my weight. It feels like it is made of the same plastic that is on the bottom trim of the vehicle with no metal support underneath. I hope they were just installed incorrectly and it's not just how they were made. They seem unsafe and definitely are not sturdy as described on the Chevrolet website. I am extremely disappointed and they were not cheap. Does anyone else have these on their Traverse, and what is your experience? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
431 Posts
They shouldn't bend
It sounds like they might not be installed correctly.....go back to your dealer and have them check

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I have them on my 2017 and they are quite sturdy. Sounds like maybe they weren't installed correctly, but hopefully someone with a 2nd Gen will let you know better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts