Traverse Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the the 2022 Traverse is having an issue with shipping?. I've put a deposit on a LT and it hasn't moved since the end of March. GM says it's ready to be shipped and when I have checked other ones they haven't been moving either

·
Registered
1 Posts
All new GM vehicles are experiencing supply chain issues. I had a 2023 GMC PU come off the line, completed, in Flint, MI on Dec 4th, and it sat waiting for delivery to my dealer one hour away until Feb 23rd. Call GM with your order number at 844-764-2665, and then keep calling.
Good luck!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just went thru/talked about this....see post #1 & #8 here for more info:

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
98 Posts
I live in Lansing where they build some of the Traverse. There are storage lots with vehicles sitting waiting for the infamous chips to arrive. Supply chain issues to be sure.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,001 Posts
Missing modules for sure. Was on the Chevy website yesterday and they are still posting about credits for heated seats and steering wheels.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Missing modules for sure. Was on the Chevy website yesterday and they are still posting about credits for heated seats and steering wheels.
The cars being built now should have the heated seats and rear parking sensors (not sure about the steering wheel).
(heated seats started being included on late February builds & the rear sensors in March builds)

Mine only had the heated seats and not the rear sensors though on our February '22 build on our 2022 LT Cloth.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the the 2022 Traverse is having an issue with shipping?. I've put a deposit on a LT and it hasn't moved since the end of March. GM says it's ready to be shipped and when I have checked other ones they haven't been moving either
Put money down in Feb...........was told the 22 High Country Traverse was built and ready to be shipped on 3-10.........well was told today 5-1 that its still sitting waiting to be shipped. Dealer said GM has 4,000+ cars sitting waiting to be shipped - they have no clue when this will get here
SAD GM.........SAD

·
Registered
542 Posts
Put money down in Feb...........was told the 22 High Country Traverse was built and ready to be shipped on 3-10.........well was told today 5-1 that its still sitting waiting to be shipped. Dealer said GM has 4,000+ cars sitting waiting to be shipped - they have no clue when this will get here
SAD GM.........SAD
See my other thread I linked above....there's an issue with the built cars

I was going to get a Traverse from a dealer near me at the end of February and it was "in transit" and supposed to show up "any day now", and here it is the beginning of May and they still don't have it!

I'm glad I went elsewhere (another dealer) and was able to find one of the non-affected ones in transit and it showed up right away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a call yesterday morning from the dealership and it finally arrived!!!! but......during transport it received a couple good size dents on the hood. I am hoping it can be repaired with paintless dent repair

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a 2022 traverse 2/5 and it’s been in transit ever since. Ive already made 3 payments.. dealership says it’s not just me..

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
You say you've made 3 payments. So your paying for a car that you don't have. That's equivalent to 3 months of "having the car." I sure hope those months aren't coming off of your warranty period.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You say you've made 3 payments. So your paying for a car that you don't have. That's equivalent to 3 months of "having the car." I sure hope those months aren't coming off of your warranty period.
thats a very good point! I’ll be bringing that up for sure. I traded in my 2016 Acura RDX that they bought off of me but I’m still driving it. The dealership told me that they will reimburse me for any payments I’ve made.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I purchased a 2022 traverse 2/5 and it’s been in transit ever since. Ive already made 3 payments.. dealership says it’s not just me..
Do you have a loan or contract or something, because that's NOT typical or something that is usually allowed.
The dealer can't sell the car or write a loan until it's on the lot.

God forbid something happens to the car while in transit, there's gonna be A LOT of explaining to do as they would have to undo a (now) old transaction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you have a loan or contract or something, because that's NOT typical or something that is usually allowed.
The dealer can't sell the car or write a loan until it's on the lot.

God forbid something happens to the car while in transit, there's gonna be A LOT of explaining to do as they would have to undo a (now) old transaction.
Yes I put a $20k down payment, sold my Acura RDX which I’m still driving in the meantime, to them for $11k and I have the whole financial agreement. They expected it in the lot within a couple of weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts