Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done this before, with no problem, on our 2018, 2020 & 2021 Traverses.....the light assembly would just slide to the side and drop down. (plenty of play/slop)
And then I'd swap the regular bulbs for LED bulbs.

Well.....with this new trim panel, on the 2022, the lights are in there SUPER tight and wouldn't budge or drop down!
Despite it looking like the prior assembly.

Anyone had success yet, and/or tips?

·
Registered
2010 LT 3.6L AWD
122 Posts
Not about that but I recently replaced burned-out 194s with LEDs and was surprised that my license plate was now a blazing beacon in the night. Way too bright!
I didn't want to return the bulbs & start yet another research project learning about LEDs & lumens so instead I just misted black paint on the bulbs figuring if I went too far I could always wipe a bit off.
The paint cut the intensity down to a level appropriate for a license plate.

I hope this might help someone else who's shocked by how bright these little peanut bulbs are.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not about that but I recently replaced burned-out 194s with LEDs and was surprised that my license plate was now a blazing beacon in the night. Way too bright!
I didn't want to return the bulbs & start yet another research project learning about LEDs & lumens so instead I just misted black paint on the bulbs figuring if I went too far I could always wipe a bit off.
The paint cut the intensity down to a level appropriate for a license plate.

I hope this might help someone else who's shocked by how bright these little peanut bulbs are.
Gotcha...some can be too bright

I have some that aren't too bright though actually...just like stock, except white

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,001 Posts
Did my '20 when I first got it along with the door bottom puddle lights. Plug and play with some cheap Amazon Alla bulbs.
Bright but I like the light on the ground behind it. I've upgraded my fleet with them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did my '20 when I first got it along with the door bottom puddle lights. Plug and play with some cheap Amazon Alla bulbs.
Bright but I like the light on the ground behind it. I've upgraded my fleet with them.
Yeah me too, and I had no problems with them before

I already upgraded the puddle lights and the inner center console light, but the rear license plate housings were not moving/budging like they did on the 2018-2021's.
They're SUPER snug

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Traverse RS
23 Posts
Yeah me too, and I had no problems with them before

I already upgraded the puddle lights and the inner center console light, but the rear license plate housings were not moving/budging like they did on the 2018-2021's.
They're SUPER snug
My 22 RS license plate lights are white from factory. The only bulbs I have to change are the door puddle lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts