Traverse Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2021 Traverse brakes make a growling noise during normal stops especially when cold. Brakes work fine but makes an unsettling noise. Chevy dealer examined and ruled out any foreign material (rocks) interfering in rotors. Dealer determined GM has issued Document ID 5774764 acknowledging this condition and believe it is the composition of the brake pad material. This includes numerous GM makes and models. GM says safe to drive until engineering defines a solution.
Service says Braille’s need to be replaced. Should be in a 2-3 weeks. I’ve been waiting over a mont already. Brand new vehicle purchased in June. This is Bs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issues with my 2020 Traverse. They replaced the pads twice and I am still experiencing grinding while breaking. Anyone else have this persistant problem even after they “fixed” it?? I’ve had 6 visits to the dealership in the year I have owned the car for this issue. 🙁

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same issues with my 2020 Traverse. They replaced the pads twice and I am still experiencing grinding while breaking. Anyone else have this persistant problem even after they “fixed” it?? I’ve had 6 visits to the dealership in the year I have owned the car for this issue.
We did on our 2021 High Country. They replaced them about two months or so ago. They are back to growling again. Guess another trip to the dealership is in the future. Hope this isn’t going to be a quarterly trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

41 - 43 of 43 Posts