Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2021 Traverse brakes make a growling noise during normal stops especially when cold. Brakes work fine but makes an unsettling noise. Chevy dealer examined and ruled out any foreign material (rocks) interfering in rotors. Dealer determined GM has issued Document ID 5774764 acknowledging this condition and believe it is the composition of the brake pad material. This includes numerous GM makes and models. GM says safe to drive until engineering defines a solution.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2021 Traverse brakes make a growling noise during normal stops especially when cold. Brakes work fine but makes an unsettling noise. Chevy dealer examined and ruled out any foreign material (rocks) interfering in rotors. Dealer determined GM has issued Document ID 5774764 acknowledging this condition and believe it is the composition of the brake pad material. This includes numerous GM makes and models. GM says safe to drive until engineering defines a solution.
Yes, I have it also and was just looking at the proud UAW sticker on the door jab. GM should issue a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took my 21 traverse to dealership with less than 1k miles ABS has been going off at almost every brake application they said it was probably the brake material not agreeing with the rotors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts