Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new Traverse in Nov and have 2500m on it. So far pretty happy except for one thing. The engine makes a constant ticking noise. Sounds like a fan rotating and clicking. The noise is in the 50-60 clicks per minute range. It can be heard over the radio and when driving at low to medium speeds. Acceleration or deceleration does not change the speed of the click. Wondering if others have run Into this? Is it normal? The noise is getting pretty frustrating.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
376 Posts
Take it in that's what warranty's are for.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The fuel high pressure pump will give you a ticking sound but just if you bring your ear closer to the engine at idle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updating the thread in case anyone else runs into this. I don't have a complete resolution yet. Took the vehicle to a dealer today. The service advisor didn't even want to look at the vehicle. He insisted it was just normal noises from the fuel system. I asked him to come listen and I was told again, the noise was normal. When I told him I have an Acadia with the same engine it is is not nearly as loud the answer was "well the Acadia probably just as more insulation to dampen the sound" 🤦‍♂️. I pushed and he had a service tech come and listen, the tech could hear the noise and thought it might be normal, but did not dismiss me right away. His initial speculation was that it was the purge valve. They did check the vehicle in and now I am waiting for a call back. When I arrived home I started digging on the purge valve idea and found a thread on this forum. Pruge valve noise 2020 traverse | Traverse Forum The embedded video is exactly the noise I'm hearing. Will update when I learn more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts