Traverse Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
My opinion (which is worth very little if you ask my wife)... you need to send a very deliberately worded (doesn't have to be stern or mean but very clear on what you are requiring) email asking for clarification on the items that are included with her "tow package" and whether it will be warranted at any Chevrolet dealer.

The fact of the matter is that your vehicle was manufactured at a lower tow rating since it is not V92 equipped. Because of this, if you tow over that amount and get into an accident and a lawyer, insurance agent, police officer, etc. discovers you were towing 4000 lbs when your vehicle was manufactured to tow 1500, you are in deep doo doo and will have a headache on your hands.

Knowing what I know in this thread, my email to the salesperson would likely copy whatever manager emails I can find on their website and would be looking for assurances that you can legally tow what the V92 package entails, what part numbers they are adding to your Traverse, etc. If they balk at any of your requirements I believe you need to request a new vehicle that meets the requirements you set out pre-purchase. This sounds like a "let's sell him something we have on the lot and tell him it's good to go" kind of deal and it just isn't passing my smell test.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
And third: You typically have 3 days to "undo the deal." It starts when you take possession of the vehicle.

·
Registered
625 Posts
And third: You typically have 3 days to "undo the deal." It starts when you take possession of the vehicle.
This can vary state-to-state but swift and firm (but not rude) action is key to a quality end result.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just bought a 2020 RS and when I pulled the rear bumper cover off to check out the towing package/hitch that I ordered found it has none.
I called our salesperson and told her that and she said it is "towing capable". She said they will add it but it is on back order.
So I realize I need the hitch installed but what about wiring/fuse block and trans cooler or will anything else need to be added?

Long ago we bought a 2011 Enclave and same thing happened, we ordered the towing package but when we received the vehicle it did not have it.
They put the hitch on along with the 7 pin round wiring plug but the lights did not work because I had to go to the dealer again to have them put a new fuse block in.

Thanks
V92 is a factory installed option. Anything a dealer does will not be the complete package. Just installing a hitch and fuse block does not give you all the features associated with V92. You’re going to be missing the radiator upgrades as well as the transmission programming. Check the codes sticker in the glovebox to verify if V92 is listed.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
V92 is a factory installed option. Anything a dealer does will not be the complete package. Just installing a hitch and fuse block does not give you all the features associated with V92. You’re going to be missing the radiator upgrades as well as the transmission programming. Check the codes sticker in the glovebox to verify if V92 is listed.
Apparently you didn't bother to read the 22 posts between the OPS and yours. And 2020's don't have a sticker in the glove box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update on this. We are told that they will "exchange" our current Traverse for another RS WITH the V92 towing package it will cost us $350. Which we are fine with since the V92 option is $591 but our current one has SPZ, Black lug nut and wheel lock kit(which we are fine not having, we just need towing). The only difference on the new one is color(not the Satin Steel Metallic) but is Mosaic Black Metallic. Would rather keep the same color but the new one has V92 towing. Not that I don't trust our salesperson, not sure she did a complete search to find Steel or maybe white.
Is there a reliable website that I can do an inventory search on? I found one but when I change my options, it shows 382 vehicles and does not change vehicles found from 382, even when I put in a High Country which I am sure in wrong.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The dealer will have the best search/locate "tool" to find accurate inventory & can find exactly what you want (if it's available/out there).
Getting the car from another dealer can be tricky & doesn't always happen though as some dealers don't play nice with others.

Granted they "should" make it right, but I'm shocked that they are willing to take your car back & get you the correct one....since it's easier said than done to undo that paperwork after it's been a little while (i.e. a titled car, for example).
It's a shame you might have to settle on a different color though, but I'm glad they're doing the right thing!

·
Registered
625 Posts
It sounds like they did a pretty good job rectifying the situation... the RS doesn't seem to be sold in large numbers so it's got to be harder for them to find, then add the V92 on top.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
I found mine with the online search. It may not be updated daily though.
It all comes down to if a dealer will ''share'' or swap his inventory with your dealer. My High Country came from a dealer 80 miles away even though I test drove one at a dealer 20 miles away from my dealer. That dealer didn't want to ''deal'' so sale lost.
Was originally looking for a Premier as a tow package is standard, got the HC as one was available in a acceptable color for the wife. Around here most on the lot were black or white.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So we have our brand new 2020 Traverse WITH the V92 towing package and out the door it cost us $352. The cost difference is because it does not have the SPZ black lug nut option but that is fine as I would not have ordered that from scratch anyway. That would be even more black on it so it looks fine and we did have some pin stripes put on which look great.
I am not sure if the forum rules allow for me to name the awesome Dealership that took care of us or not? We are giving them a great review and also sending the owner an email too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
So we have our brand new 2020 Traverse WITH the V92 towing package and out the door it cost us $352. The cost difference is because it does not have the SPZ black lug nut option but that is fine as I would not have ordered that from scratch anyway. That would be even more black on it so it looks fine and we did have some pin stripes put on which look great.
I am not sure if the forum rules allow for me to name the awesome Dealership that took care of us or not? We are giving them a great review and also sending the owner an email too.
Plenty of people have mentioned dealers... if it's your experience and not a paid commercial I'd think it's appropriate.

More importantly, happy to hear it all worked out for you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok and that was our experience and this is not a paid commercial.
It was Graff Chevy in Okemos, Michigan. They were awesome and really took care of us.
Much better than our last experience with our 2011 Enclave. It was bad enough that it did not have factory towing(that we asked for) it had to be added.
Then a month after it was paid off the engine seized up and the dealership said it was from oil starvation but oddly, it was FULL of oil.
That was Sundance Chevy in Grand Ledge Michigan. Avoid them at all costs and go anywhere else. They have a Yelp review also :)

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Dealer stepped up, give them a good review and your business and down the road usually they will step up to help you. My dealer stepped up for me on my old '09 Malibu, was just over the mileage on a special coverage warranty steering sensor and they covered me no cost.
I use them for the ''ugly'' jobs I don't feel like doing and so far so good.
They even get my tire business as they price match and do not beat up my rims like tire shops tend to do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Gadgetman133--You've got a great dealer there. They understand customer service, and they value their customers. Glad things worked out for you!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts