Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife called me today and said that the radio wouldn't shut off even after she brought the fobs in the house. How long does power continue to the radio once the car is shut off and fobs are out of distance?

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
36 Posts
maybe about 10 minutes..... I have sat and waited for wife in store and it seems to run 10 minutes before it shuts down.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Power cutoff after 10 minutes but soon you open the driver door the radio should turn itself off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Happened before on ours too a few times & we found it odd/freaky.
Dealer couldn't duplicate and said it could've been doing an update

·
Registered
2020 High Country
381 Posts
See your dealer. There is a radio update for the '20 , just found this out from my dealer. It's a 2.5 - 3 hour upload via a dealer memory stick in a USB port so it will need to be dropped off. Scheduling mine soon. Dealer said it takes that long for vehicle to load it, they just did a Silverado that took 2.5 hrs. to load new update.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just happened to me today. First time I've had it happen. Stopped at store open/closed door and radio kept playing. I opened door again and powered the radio off. Coincidently when I got in car today radio chimed and indicated there was an update that needed install. I dont know if its related. I did the update when I got home but have not used the car since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just happened to me today. First time I've had it happen. Stopped at store open/closed door and radio kept playing. I opened door again and powered the radio off. Coincidently when I got in car today radio chimed and indicated there was an update that needed install. I dont know if its related. I did the update when I got home but have not used the car since.
Talked to my wife earlier today. She said it did an update and now the radio shuts off. She didn't have to take it to a dealer. It did it on it's own. Took 12 minutes.

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
36 Posts
That happened to me last Friday...got to work, shut the truck down and radio kept going. There was a notification for an update on the screen. I just left it and figured the radio would shut down as usual when ignition was off. Did the update later in the afternoon and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
381 Posts
My wifi updates are current in mine. It got better on XM but I mentioned it to dealer anyway since I was in for first free oil change and that's when they told me of the big update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts