Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I bought my 2020 Chevy Traverse LT. My husband got in it and said the radio screen was black and wouldn't turn on. Shut it off and went in dealership and they said it was just on when they drove to fill up with gas. So they go out and start car up again and screen and radio is working. So he leaves and drives 40 miles, turns off car and when he gets back in the screen is dead again. Goes back to dealership and they test and say it is a Bad Stereo. They don't have a new one of course because they said it is serial number specific to each car. Wants to know if we want a new car? They don't have the same one on the lot of course so we say we will take it and take it in to a dealership closer to us today. The dealership was awesome and called or local dealership and told them issue and said I would b in today. They had sad it was a bad radio and it would b replaced.
So I take it in today, the screen, radio, USB ports, and cigarette lighter are all dead when he pulls it in shop. Brings it out in a few minutes and tells me that it is because a stupid engineer somewhere has decided to make everything so it is downloaded. Says radio is working fine and to give it some time and if it happens again to bring it in for the day and he will take a look at it.
So my question is has anyone ever heard of this before? A system that needs to download? And my stereo is dead again by the way. Ugh. Just sad that brand new car is broken. Thanks for any help. Sorry this is so long.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
243 Posts
You have a computer on tires. That's the side affect of wanting all these ''modern'' features and conveniences.
There is a screen in there to enable the vehicle to link to your home wi fi for updates. Do it, it may solve your issue.
I'm having a XM issue with my new High Country, I'll have them look at it when it goes in for it's first oil change.

Reactions: Tyedyespy

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
One of the biggest complaints about new vehicles these days is the entertainment systems. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had 2 previous Chevy's with a similar problem;
-2016 Malibu they replaced the whole system
-2017 Volt was fixed with a software upgrade
-so far no issues with our '19 Traverse

Both of the fixes above stuck (issues never recurred).
Hopefully this will soon be fixed and a non-point for you

·
Registered
2 Posts
So yesterday I bought my 2020 Chevy Traverse LT. My husband got in it and said the radio screen was black and wouldn't turn on. Shut it off and went in dealership and they said it was just on when they drove to fill up with gas. So they go out and start car up again and screen and radio is working. So he leaves and drives 40 miles, turns off car and when he gets back in the screen is dead again. Goes back to dealership and they test and say it is a Bad Stereo. They don't have a new one of course because they said it is serial number specific to each car. Wants to know if we want a new car? They don't have the same one on the lot of course so we say we will take it and take it in to a dealership closer to us today. The dealership was awesome and called or local dealership and told them issue and said I would b in today. They had sad it was a bad radio and it would b replaced.
So I take it in today, the screen, radio, USB ports, and cigarette lighter are all dead when he pulls it in shop. Brings it out in a few minutes and tells me that it is because a stupid engineer somewhere has decided to make everything so it is downloaded. Says radio is working fine and to give it some time and if it happens again to bring it in for the day and he will take a look at it.
So my question is has anyone ever heard of this before? A system that needs to download? And my stereo is dead again by the way. Ugh. Just sad that brand new car is broken. Thanks for any help. Sorry this is so long.
Congratulations??🤔😐so disappointing.
I'm receiving my 2020 traverse LT today and they sure made me feel old and dumb even though I'm neither when they said it's 2020 girl get rid of your C d's!!
Anyway we'll see how everything works for me I was just wondering what went on with you in the last 16 days and also what dealership are you dealing with?
I bought mine at Simi Valley California the Chevrolet dealership so far has been great.
And

·
Registered
2020 High Country
243 Posts
Got WiFi at home ? Go into settings and let your vehicle be enabled to connect to your home WiFi. My XM radio issues have seemed to disappear now. I doesn't get driven a lot but it seems it's been updated in the garage.
I was going to address this at it's first and free oil change but it not enough miles on it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts