Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Traverse AWD Premier Red Line Edition
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New 2020 Traverse Premier AWD Red Line owner as of June 2020 - I just crested 4,000 miles the other day. I am “mostly” in love with my Traverse. The size, the look, the features - definitely not unhappy with my purchase overall!

I do have one question regarding the transmission. I refuse to drive the vehicle in standard “Drive” currently because I absolutely loathe the stop/start and can’t believe Chevy didn’t offer a simple button to turn it off. My past two vehicles both had a simple button that I could press which kills the stop/start. I always operate the vehicle in “L9” no matter how short or long my trip is. I’ve noticed on occasion that when I shift to “L” the vehicle won’t go past L1. This is very intermittent. After a minute or so, it’ll let me go up to the usual L9. Tonight, I was at a stop light and when I took off, I noticed the display just said “L” ... the stop/start randomly engaged and then it appeared to read “L4” where it stayed. I shifted into Drive and then was home. Any idea what could be causing that and is this something I should pursue with the dealer sooner rather than later?

Also what are opinions on items such as the Stop/Start Disabler the I found from Range Technology? I wouldn't be opposed to buying one so I just can put this whole stop/start thing out of my head entirely. 😀

Overall, I don’t love the transmission. I don’t think it’s as smooth as it could be for stop and go city style driving, but that’s just my opinion. Highway driving it seems to be a pleasure. Anyways, any thought you have would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have a 2020 Premier FWD with just under 14,000 miles. I routinely use the L9 process to defeat the auto start/stop feature. I have not experienced the conditions that you relate, either in not being able to advance to L9, or having it engage the start/stop while in L9. I'm mystified; I'm thinking something isn't working in yours as it should. I had a 2018 Equinox with the same transmission and used the L9 process with it as well. I never experienced your described situations with that vehicle either. I'm thinking it deserves to have the dealership service department take a look at it. Hopefully they will be able to replicate the situation(s). Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
243 Posts
Put the Range in and drive it in D. Mine is seamless.
TCM will only allow shifts it see's fit, my Malibu will tell you ''shift denied'' , haven't messed with the rest of my fleet since killing the auto stop in the ones that have it.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Traverse AWD Premier Red Line Edition
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I am definitely going to buy the stop/start disabler.

I haven't had any oddities since the incident I described so I think I'm going to maybe just mention it to the dealer when I take the vehicle in for its first maintenance visit. I have been putting miles on fairly quick, so that will be here before I know it...

I just realized that this posted twice ... the first time I posted it, there was no sign of it, so I posted again. Oops...sorry about that! But regardless, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts