Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Traverse AWD Premier Red Line Edition
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New 2020 Traverse Premier AWD Red Line owner here as of June 2020. I just crested 4,000 miles the other day. I am “mostly” in love with my Traverse. The size, the look, the features - definitely not unhappy with my purchase overall!

I do have one question regarding the transmission. I refuse to drive the vehicle in standard “Drive” because I absolutely loathe the stop/start and can’t believe Chevy didn’t offer a simple button to turn it off. My past two vehicles had a simple button that would kill the stop/start. I always operate the vehicle in “L9” no matter how short or long my trip is. I’ve noticed on occasion that when I shift to “L” the vehicle won’t go past L1. This is very intermittent. After a minute or so, it’ll let me go up to the usual L9. Tonight, I was at a stop light and when I took off, I noticed the display just said “L” ... the stop/start randomly engaged and then it appeared to read “L4” where it stayed. I shifted into Drive and then was home. Any idea what could be causing that and is this something I should pursue with the dealer sooner rather than later?

Also, what are opinions on stop/start disabler modules such as this one I found from Range Technologies? I am tempted to just buy one to put my dislike of the stop/start totally out of my head!

Overall, I don’t love the transmission. I don’t think it’s as smooth as it could be for stop and go city style driving, but that’s just my opinion. Anyways, any thought you have would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
14 Posts
I just ordered the Range module last night. From what I've read, heard, and seen, Range is a part of Holley Performance, which is, if you are an older hot rodder/car enthusiast, one of the premier auto parts manufacturer. I did checking and find that Range is part of a widely known manufacturer, this has increased my confidence that this is a valid and safe/secure product. Everything I have heard and read about this unit will not harm the system, the ECU, or void warranty. So I am anxious to get this unit and start using it.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
243 Posts
Range eliminator is in my '20 HIgh Country. Invisible and flawless so far. I too despise Auto Stop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Was planning on buying a 2021 Traverse, especially after reading about that it will have a defeat switch for the start/stop issue. Also wireless Carplay vs. the wired. Also it looks like the electric folding mirrors will be back. However, those features are pushed into 2021 as a 2022 model. I'm waiting till those come out. I have a 2013 with 90,000 miles - it will make it till then!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi everyone. New 2020 Traverse Premier AWD Red Line owner here as of June 2020. I just crested 4,000 miles the other day. I am “mostly” in love with my Traverse. The size, the look, the features - definitely not unhappy with my purchase overall!

I do have one question regarding the transmission. I refuse to drive the vehicle in standard “Drive” because I absolutely loathe the stop/start and can’t believe Chevy didn’t offer a simple button to turn it off. My past two vehicles had a simple button that would kill the stop/start. I always operate the vehicle in “L9” no matter how short or long my trip is. I’ve noticed on occasion that when I shift to “L” the vehicle won’t go past L1. This is very intermittent. After a minute or so, it’ll let me go up to the usual L9. Tonight, I was at a stop light and when I took off, I noticed the display just said “L” ... the stop/start randomly engaged and then it appeared to read “L4” where it stayed. I shifted into Drive and then was home. Any idea what could be causing that and is this something I should pursue with the dealer sooner rather than later?

Also, what are opinions on stop/start disabler modules such as this one I found from Range Technologies? I am tempted to just buy one to put my dislike of the stop/start totally out of my head!

Overall, I don’t love the transmission. I don’t think it’s as smooth as it could be for stop and go city style driving, but that’s just my opinion. Anyways, any thought you have would be appreciated! Thanks!
The Range disabler works! Plug it in, put er in drive and forget you ever had to deal with the start-stop. Got 20% off of it from Auto anything about a month ago...

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Traverse AWD Premier Red Line Edition
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I am definitely going to buy the stop/start disabler.

I haven't had any oddities since the incident I described so I think I'm going to maybe just mention it to the dealer when I take the vehicle in for its first maintenance visit. I have been putting miles on fairly quick, so that will be here before I know it...

wrtmac - pretty much add the stop/start disabler and power folding mirrors, and the Traverse would be the perfect vehicle! I was a little bummed that it didn't have power folding mirrors - for being such a large vehicle, I feel like that's a nice convenient touch to add to a vehicle.

Also - if we're talking wish list - how about a break hold feature? My last vehicle had that and for long traffic lights, it was really nice to just press the break a certain way and sit there... :)

I also just realized my thread posted twice...oops. When I posted it the first time, the thread was no where to be found. Now we have it twice...oops!

·
Registered
2020 Traverse LT
14 Posts
UPS just dropped off my new Range start/stop module..... plugged it in and I'm ready to go! Just need to go someplace! No need to go out right now, but I'll see how it works tomorrow morning when I head to work! I'm positive it will work as advertised and I'll never know it's there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts