Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please help. I just purchased a 2020 Chevy Traverse, healthy, Driver Confidence Package 2. This includes Forward Collision Alert, Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking. I was pretty excited about all these features, but didn't work. Within two days I return the car to the dealer for examination, sales people gave me a hard time and were confused, trying to convince me that my car didn't have that feature. Service department gave me a Vehicle Build document based on the VIN #.

After the service department kept the car for two weeks, they returned it back to me and now the car beeps and displays red lights in the windshield if you get too close to the car in front of you, (I cannot test if it breaks automatically, naturally, it is too dangerous) However it doesn't matter how far I adjust the distance of the Forward Collision warning to 1 car, 2 or 3 cars, it does not beep unless I am pretty much on top of the car in front of me.

Dealership said that two sensors in the car were not talking to each other. They had to email General Motors to get the specs of how to calibrate and update those sensors. Nevertheless, while the camera is able to detect the car in front of me and even measures the exact distance at following a car, the FCA does not beep until too close.

Minor issue, but it's driving me crazy. I have an open ticket with GM, my dealer doesn't know what to do and perhaps I'm gonna have to leave my car stuck in the service department for a few more weeks until they figure this out.
Anyone has any advice or has seen this happen?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2020 Traverse RS and I wanted this emergency braking feature too. My alert goes off all the time but it never brakes. I’ve tested it dozens of times and it does not automatically brake. I’ve had it at 2 Chevy service centers and no one can figure it out. I’m getting very mad because this shouldn’t be this difficult and it was brand new when I got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all.. New here.. Just bought a 2021 Premier and I thought the same thing.. I asked my wife to stand in front to see if it will brake before hitting her.. That conversation didn't go overwell... Lol but seriously I did a little research and wanted to confirm I understand this correctly.. it will warn you if it detects a potential front end impact but only brakes below 50 mph??

Does anyone have an idea how to test it without hitting something and damaging the bumper or paint?

At speeds below 50 mph in the daytime, the system can help you avoid or reduce the severity of a front-end collision
It provides pedestrian alerts and can even automatically provide hard emergency braking or enhance the driver’s hard braking

·
Registered
167 Posts
Smart wife, dumb husband. I am glad she didn't dump you.

Replace your smart wife with an air filled big garbage bag. You can hit it without damaging your baby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts