Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2020 Chevy traverse lt...unfortunately I didn’t realize it didn’t have blind spot assist which is a must for my wife’s health issue (neck).

I tried to get the dealer to let me swap out if I paid a depreciation fee since it’s only been a a day since I bought it. But no luck.

Is there a kit oem that I can buy to add it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought a 2020 Chevy traverse lt...unfortunately I didn’t realize it didn’t have blind spot assist which is a must for my wife’s health issue (neck).

I tried to get the dealer to let me swap out if I paid a depreciation fee since it’s only been a a day since I bought it. But no luck.

I have noticed the space between the passenger side window and windshield can hide a car, if you are moving at same time, you will not see it until you are too close. but I have gotten used to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Prior to the safety features, I took a company drivers course and we were taught many things but the important one were side blind spots and parking in crowded parking lots to prevent rear end bumps. For the blind spots, I positioned my side mirrors way out to oncoming cars as they approach on the side of the car or in the blind spot along side of your car. While a long ways back behind you, I used my rearview mirror. example, adjust your side mirrors far left/away or out from the side of the car. I know this sounds weird since we typically adjust the side mirror to see along side of the car. You should not see any part of the side of the car. As the oncoming traffic/cars coming toward you on either side, use the rearview mirror for the distance, and as the traffic/cars approach the car (if the mirrors are out far enough) you can view the traffic/car in both mirrors at the same time eliminating the blind spot. You'll see the front of the car in the side mirror and the back of the car in the rearview mirror at the same time. No need to turn your head, which is crazy because it's a habit from the mirrors being adjusted incorrectly. Your wife will have to adjust the side mirrors until see can see the same car in both mirrors. It actually works but takes time to adjust. Once the car is totally seen in the side mirror and not in the rearview mirror, you can then see the car from the corner of your eye (peripheral vision) and not having to turn your head. Sounds crazy but works. Hope this helps a little until you get your options,

Good luck

·
Registered
210 Posts
19SatVerse--Thanks for sharing. My father-in-law taught me this trick about 20 years ago and it truly works! Takes some getting used to, but worth it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts