Traverse Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
нет в софте в России, все работает нормально, соединение мгновенное, настройки сохраняются, но - в настройках, в отличие от ваших машин, нет раздела - Bluetooth, и я не могу установить рингтон и его объем - хотя в инструкции по эксплуатации носителя этот раздел есть - видимо софт очень урезан
Google translation: "
not in the software in Russia, everything works fine, the connection is instant, the settings are saved, but - in the settings, unlike your machines, there is no section - Bluetooth, and I cannot set the ringtone and its volume - although this section is in the instructions for using the carrier yes - apparently the software is very cut"

·
Registered
2020 High Country
515 Posts
There was a automatic software download in Sept that fixed my glitchy XM. Was waiting for first free oil change to address it but so far the XM has been working fine.
You can see it's last download by scrolling through the screens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well this all started, according to my wife, when she canceled OnStar. She thinks they were behind it, lol.

But we had it at the dealer and apparently it was just trying to update as there were a couple of times that the radio stayed on after turning the car off. The dealer said that the updates are installed OTA (over the air) and the radio will stay on trying to update..which we didn't know. I believe we interrupted it.
We have the most up to date software now and it seems that everything is working/pairing correctly now.
The dealer didn't do anything though....they just weren't able to duplicate it and then paired up their phones and said everything was working correctly. Then they paired up both of our phones to show it worked correctly too.

So hopefully it'll keep them in memory this time and all will be well.
I think it has something to do with OnStar as well. How did you get the update? I seem to have issues with the infotainment system all the time. My phone is connected via bluetooth, but I cannot get any streaming connections. Maps will not work...nothing, the only thing I can get is calls in.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think it has something to do with OnStar as well. How did you get the update? I seem to have issues with the infotainment system all the time. My phone is connected via bluetooth, but I cannot get any streaming connections. Maps will not work...nothing, the only thing I can get is calls in.
The car/radio ended up installing it's OTA (over the air) update, and/or the dealer forced it or something.

You can go into your radio settings/menus and have it check to see if there is an update available, IIRC

·
Registered
2020 High Country
515 Posts
Just got a OTA update last week on my Traverse. And yes it will act weird, not turn radio off when door is opened, etc. if you skip update installation until it gets installed. Just experienced that when I delayed install as I was heading out on a 4 hr trip when the update message appeared.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
The 2020 Owners manual doesn't say much about updates, but the 2021 Owners manual, pg 168, has quite a bit. I would assume it applies to the 2020, but who knows??

The 2021 manual doesn't say anything about the radio not shutting off if it's uploading, but here's an interesting statement:

For most updates, the
vehicle will be disabled and cannot be driven
during the installation.

So I guess if you come home and it starts updating, you can't run out for beer until it's done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The car/radio ended up installing it's OTA (over the air) update, and/or the dealer forced it or something.

You can go into your radio settings/menus and have it check to see if there is an update available, IIRC
I did that, there are no updates needed.
Thank you

·
Registered
2020 High Country
515 Posts
I assume you have it linked to your home WiFi for the updates.
Vehicle will not stream data if it's not OnStar connected. I only have Onstar for remote locking and starting not for their phone or data.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts