Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone has issues with the Bluetooth on their 2020 Traverse? (with the new head unit)

We've had it just 3 months but it's erased mine and my wife's phones by itself, a couple of times now, and have had issues with it pairing/re-pairing with the iPhones.
(it always worked flawlessly on our previous '18)

Even with my wife's phone connected, it'll still say/show my phone name on the main screen under the BT logo even though her phone can be controlled. Just a minor detail/flaw.
I noticed this too on the '20 rental Traverse we had before. It said/showed "Adam" (which isn't me) under the BT logo on the main screen even though no phone was paired with it.

I'm suspecting a trip to the dealer might be in order, for a update perhaps?, but was wondering if anyone else had or seen this issue.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone has issues with the Bluetooth on their 2020 Traverse? (with the new head unit)

We've had it just 3 months but it's erased mine and my wife's phones by itself, a couple of times now, and have had issues with it pairing/re-pairing with the iPhones.
(it always worked flawlessly on our previous '18)

Even with my wife's phone connected, it'll still say/show my phone name on the main screen under the BT logo even though her phone can be controlled. Just a minor detail/flaw.
I noticed this too on the '20 rental Traverse we had before. It said/showed "Adam" (which isn't me) under the BT logo on the main screen even though no phone was paired with it.

I'm suspecting a trip to the dealer might be in order, for a update perhaps?, but was wondering if anyone else had or seen this issue.
You will want to look at these:

#19-NA-229: Radio Software Version C146 Over-the-Air Update - (Dec 11, 2019)
#19-NA-269: Radio Software Version U148 Over-the-Air Update - (Dec 10, 2019)

·
Registered
17 Posts
You will want to look at these:

#19-NA-229: Radio Software Version C146 Over-the-Air Update - (Dec 11, 2019)
#19-NA-269: Radio Software Version U148 Over-the-Air Update - (Dec 10, 2019)
How do we get to the specific updates you mentioned? I have searched four updates using the updates tab and it says none are available?

·
Registered
78 Posts
How do we get to the specific updates you mentioned? I have searched four updates using the updates tab and it says none are available?
I spent $20 for a 3 day subscription to www dot acdelcotds dot com/subscriptions and have seen all the Tech Bulletins for the Traverse models 2018, 2019 & 2020 (or any vehicle/year).

It was worth the cash to have this kind of info before going to the dealer...2020 Traverse already has a "safety recall"...what an eye opener!

I feel like I just saw behind the curtains of OZ...my printer can't keep up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, so the updates your talking about can only be installed at the dealer?
What updates are installed using wifi and the settings menu?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow, so the updates your talking about can only be installed at the dealer?
What updates are installed using wifi and the settings menu?
Thanks in advance.
Each bulletin had similarities/differences; different infotainment systems, different complaints, etc. They state the new software should be able to download directly using the display prompts, but if not USB installation might be needed or have the dealer do it.

Anything more and I'll violate the TOS of my subscription...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have update my infotainment system to the latest update myself.

When I am parked in my driveway, My Traverse connects automatically to my Home Wi-fi network. This can be configured in the SETTINGS > WIFI > Manage WI-FI Networks.

Check page 179 of the Owner's
manual

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well this all started, according to my wife, when she canceled OnStar. She thinks they were behind it, lol.

But we had it at the dealer and apparently it was just trying to update as there were a couple of times that the radio stayed on after turning the car off. The dealer said that the updates are installed OTA (over the air) and the radio will stay on trying to update..which we didn't know. I believe we interrupted it.
We have the most up to date software now and it seems that everything is working/pairing correctly now.
The dealer didn't do anything though....they just weren't able to duplicate it and then paired up their phones and said everything was working correctly. Then they paired up both of our phones to show it worked correctly too.

So hopefully it'll keep them in memory this time and all will be well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I pulled into my driveway today. As soon as I put it in park I got a notice about an OTA update. The update started after I turned the car off. It said it would take 12 min. While it was downloading a progress bar appeared on the radio screen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My issue after owning my Traverse for four days is that whatever changes I make to the infotainment system like saving SiriusXM Chanel’s or setting the radio start up volume or changing the hotspot password all get erased or reset once I park the vehicle and turn it off. In the morning the infotainment system is reset. Non of my changes where saved or retained. Is this a software issue?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
509 Posts
My issue after owning my Traverse for four days is that whatever changes I make to the infotainment system like saving SiriusXM Chanel’s or setting the radio start up volume or changing the hotspot password all get erased or reset once I park the vehicle and turn it off. In the morning the infotainment system is reset. Non of my changes where saved or retained. Is this a software issue?
Take it in, it should be retaining settings. Sounds like software issue but could be a hardware issue also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Update. I took my Traverse to the dealer, explained the issue to the sales person. The first question he asked is if I had activated OnStar. I said not yet. He said activate OnStar. So I did. Took about 15 minutes on the phone, in car and about another 15 minutes getting email confirmations and in vehicle on screen confirmations. The issues where fixed just like that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Wow and Hmmm! Your situation and the cure implies a significant connection between OnStar and proper functioning of the infotainment system. Doesn't surprise me, but a disappointment nevertheless.

Reactions: dawnpwns

·
Registered
2020 High Country
509 Posts
Wow and Hmmm! Your situation and the cure implies a significant connection between OnStar and proper functioning of the infotainment system. Doesn't surprise me, but a disappointment nevertheless.
OnStar module is the WiFi wireless link to download software updates. I've got my home WiFi programmed into mine.
I've seen mine update on the screen once, a week or so after delivery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve owned my 2020 Traverse for 4 months now and my experience with the infotainment system has been like this. The first 3 weeks of ownership I thought the system was broken or glitchy. Nothing really worked the way it should and setting would not save. I spoke to my sales rep and he asked if I had subscribed to OnStar as he mentioned when I picked the vehicle up. I had not. So I proceeded to sign up, and of course like magic the system suddenly in a blink of an eye started to work flawlessly. I set up my driver profile and each time I start the Traverse up and select my name all setting are there as I saved them. Zero issues with connectivity to Bluetooth or home wifi. My free trial for the data has now expired and no issues as a result of not re-upping on the data plan. I still am subscribed to OnStar but I am thinking about cancelling it after a year. So I wonder if the system after cancelation of OnStar will turn glitchy again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts