Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Wifey already has 4k miles on her new baby, time to clean it up. Normal hand wash and dry... then.

1. Armor All the engine compartment and wipe down.
2. Clay exterior paint with Griot's clay..
3. Seal paint and wheels with Jescar Power Lock
4. Hit black plastic with Mothers Back to Black
5. Squirt tires with Armor All Tire Foam.
6. Clean windows inside and out.

BINGO! Looks better than when the dealer delivered it.

Tomorrow I'll hit everything with P&S Beadmaker for the final touch, and I'm done for 3 months minimum.

I'm really liking this Traverse......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks good. Regular Armor All on the engine? I've never tried that, but sure looks nice.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, soak the crap out of it..... and let it sit. Some will soak in, some wont so when it get's kinda blotchy wipe it down again to even it all out. Letting it dry overnight is best but I've also just started it up and drove away.
Regular Armor All works good as once it's dry, it's not greasy or sticky. My 2004 Duramax has 330k mles, engine still looks like new.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
330k mile Duramax

Daughters 160k mile 328i

Works great......aluminum, rubber, plastic, paint, hoses, belts. I use it like Frank's Hot Sauce.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Lol--Franks' Hot Sauce. I had given up on using Armor All years ago for items that were exposed to sunlight, but I will definitely pick up a bottle to use under the hood. Thanks for the new use.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to get the BMW smogged recently. The guy could not believe it was a 12 year old daily driver.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's what I'm talking about---keeping things operating and looking like new!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Armor All in the engine bay - may have to give this a try.
So from the look of your Duramax - it appears that it may also stop the aluminum surfaces from developing that "whitesh" surface corrosion?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it appears that it may also stop the aluminum surfaces from developing that "whitesh" surface corrosion?
YES! Absolutely. My A/C compressor looks brand new at 16 years old.

The alternator must be some kind of "pig metal". It has darkened, but still looks good for its age.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks good! Have you considered using one of the "clay mitts" like Nanoskin? I bought one when I finished my last clay bar but haven't used it yet.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks good! Have you considered using one of the "clay mitts" like Nanoskin? I bought one when I finished my last clay bar but haven't used it yet.
It works "okay." For stubborn spots, even with the medium grade, you have to rub it real hard (whereas clay would've easily taken it off). So for a car that's detailed often, it'll work.
If the car is in rough shape, I'd use a regular clay bar instead.
And if you don't have enough lube, it can marr/leave black marks (from the nanoskin rubber) which you then have to rub off/out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts