Traverse Forum banner
341 - 360 of 394 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·

I found a very reasonably priced alternative.

I would have zero issues, in using this myself. Pegasus wont sell bad products,

·
Registered
420 Posts

I found a very reasonably priced alternative.

I would have zero issues, in using this myself. Pegasus wont sell bad products,
AlisoBob--Good to see you back here. I always enjoyed your comments and insight. Looking forward to your inputs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
that's the way we were raised!

Reactions: AlisoBob

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2020 3LT even though it has the tow package, it does not have a trans temp gauge. It only comes on the higher trim levels, which seems really dumb.
We’ve got a 2021 Traverse High Country with 4000 miles on it, that doesn’t have a transmission gauge. I’ve looked and looked through the instrument panel and nothing. Unbelievable what we paid for it and no gauge or dash indicator. Haven’t looked to see if it can be found through the OBD port on with a code checker on my phone. It has basic parameters you can check on the electronics and motor. Just not sure about the transmission temp yet. Ordered a magnetic plug and going to go ahead and change the transmission fluid. Cheap insurance for a car we plan to keep a long time. Had a 2016 Traverse before this and a 2009 Saturn Outlook before that. This is by far the best vehicle, as far as options, we’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
289 Posts
We’ve got a 2021 Traverse High Country with 4000 miles on it, that doesn’t have a transmission gauge. I’ve looked and looked through the instrument panel and nothing. Unbelievable what we paid for it and no gauge or dash indicator. Haven’t looked to see if it can be found through the OBD port on with a code checker on my phone. It has basic parameters you can check on the electronics and motor. Just not sure about the transmission temp yet. Ordered a magnetic plug and going to go ahead and change the transmission fluid. Cheap insurance for a car we plan to keep a long time. Had a 2016 Traverse before this and a 2009 Saturn Outlook before that. This is by far the best vehicle, as far as options, we’ve ever owned.

It should have the trans temp. You might need to go settings and enable the page.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,169 Posts
Not in my High Country. Under DIC at the beginning it states possible screens and some may not be available for your particular vehicle.
In my options screen there is no listing for trans. temp. . I've got every option listed in the manual and available to display and they do display except the trans. temp. option and I've got factory towing package.
Page 133 DIC info pages over to page 134 has the disclaimer.

Reactions: Tool958

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not in my High Country. Under DIC at the beginning it states possible screens and some may not be available for your particular vehicle.
In my options screen there is no listing for trans. temp. . I've got every option listed in the manual and available to display and they do display except the trans. temp. option and I've got factory towing package.
Page 133 DIC info pages over to page 134 has the disclaimer.
Exactly what I found on mine. I’ve been in the settings and looked through everything. Can’t imagine why they wouldn’t have put it on it. High Country is supposed to be all of the options you can get.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can we end this temp gauge thread hijack at some point and have a mod clean up the mess?
Sorry. Wasn’t trying to highjack any thread. Consider it done. The reason it came up to begin with, was because of your thread, that said to bring the transmission temperature up to normal temperature, to check the level.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've read this thread but still a bit fuzzy on the fluid most are using. Just purchased a used 2020 Traverse with 14,500 miles on it for my wife and I plan on doing the double dump ATF swap. (Already did the oil change with the magnetic GoldPlug install and baldwin filter). I was planning on using the mobile 1 synthetic LV ATF HP. I'm contemplating purchasing an extended warranty so am looking to not give GM any reason to deny any potential claim if I go that route. I see some are using the valvoline dex VI, but I've always used Mobile 1 products. I firmly believe my wife's 21 year old Tahoe is a testament to regular mobile 1 oil changes - it's been a great car for us.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've read this thread but still a bit fuzzy on the fluid most are using. Just purchased a used 2020 Traverse with 14,500 miles on it for my wife and I plan on doing the double dump ATF swap. (Already did the oil change with the magnetic GoldPlug install and baldwin filter). I was planning on using the mobile 1 synthetic LV ATF HP. I'm contemplating purchasing an extended warranty so am looking to not give GM any reason to deny any potential claim if I go that route. I see some are using the valvoline dex VI, but I've always used Mobile 1 products. I firmly believe my wife's 21 year old Tahoe is a testament to regular mobile 1 oil changes - it's been a great car for us.
I also have a 2020 Traverse and experienced some transmission shuddering at 3,000 miles. The dealership followed TSB guidance and flushed the trans fluid, installing Mobil 1 Synthetic LV ATF HP.. Using that experience as a basis, and since it was specified in the TSB, I don't see how using that fluid would void your warranty. Just my thought.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
Dealerships can barely keep the right keys, with the right cars. I highly doubt they will hire a chemist to perform some kind of fluid analysis of one red fluid vs. another.

Everyone must use their own judgement on this one. My choice was to use the blue label HP to stop any shudder before it had a chance to start. So far, it's been the right choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bob. How many miles would you say you have on the blue label fluid. Have you changed it out a 2nd time. Specially the blue label fuild. I’m just getting ready to do mine as soon as I get that magnetic plug you just recommended the other day.
Anyone else running this change feel free to post up mileage since the change and results to update us all! Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dealerships can barely keep the right keys, with the right cars. I highly doubt they will hire a chemist to perform some kind of fluid analysis of one red fluid vs. another.

Everyone must use their own judgement on this one. My choice was to use the blue label HP to stop any shudder before it had a chance to start. So far, it's been the right choice.
I'm with ya!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 ·
Bob. How many miles would you say you have on the blue label fluid. Have you changed it out a 2nd time.
I finally stuck my nose in the Wifeys car.

It has 28,000 miles on it and I think I swapped the fluid around 2,000 miles so it has 26k on the fluid. I did the double drain and refill to get it all swapped over.

When the car hits 30,000 ( 28k on the fluid it self) I'll do another double drain and refill. If the fluid looks good, 30,000 miles will be the new drain interval.

341 - 360 of 394 Posts