Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread

Hey Forums, I'd like to get some clarity documented on going +1 size on the 2018+ model with 18" Wheel.

For this discussion I'm going to stick to the specific size increase of:
STOCK: 255/65/R18
NEW: 265/65/R18
(Main reasons are that these seem to be stock Tahoe/1500 tires, so if they work, it would open up tons of new options for traverse owners!)

Does anyone know if this will work? Once I find out I will edit this post, with pics and my results.

According to the tire size calculator image attached, the increase in height would only be about 0.5 IN overall.
My wheel wells have about 2-3 inches of space between the vehicle and the tire so I expect that there should be plenty of room.

In this post, folks successfully upgraded their per 2018 models to this size, so I'm hopeful we can succeed in this model!
265/65 r18 or 265/60 r18 <-- worked for older gen

2022-09 EDIT
This worked perfectly. I personally went with this tire: https://tiresize.com/tires/Cooper/Discoverer-AT3-4S.htm.
It's a little tight, and the tire shop seemed concerned, but no rubbing at all, and no AWD problems. I specifically took the vehicle off road and through some big dips and such to see if it would have any problems and it did not!

See pics of new look with A/Ts. You can do this!!!
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I’m ordering on Monday and will share results and pics with this group!

discount Tire said they would be willing to order and install new tires and allow me to return them if they run at all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks so much! I’m ordering on Monday and will share results and pics with this group!

discount Tire said they would be willing to order and install new tires and allow me to return them if they run at all!
Please do.....show results. Hope it does work. I think I'll be looking into size up for my 20s on my 20 RS????!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts