Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Traverse RS with the 10 speaker Bose System. For some reason, there seams to be little to no sound coming out of the rear speakers. Is this normal? The front speakers work fine, but the rear are quiet and muffled. The kids are always asking us to turn it up, but it makes it really loud up front to do so. When I use the fader, the rear has very little sound. Just curious if this is normal. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Karen. My wife took it to the dealer today for service and to have the speakers checked. I will post an update as to what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Karen. This is what my wife told me. According to the dealership, the audio system is set up this way. I guess it has to do with surround sound or something.

I don't know about you, but I listen to music in my Traverse. I don't watch movies while driving. You can always go the aftermarket route and have new speakers or amplifiers installed.

Sorry to break the bad news.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem Karen. This is what my wife told me. According to the dealership, the audio system is set up this way. I guess it has to do with surround sound or something.

I don't know about you, but I listen to music in my Traverse. I don't watch movies while driving. You can always go the aftermarket route and have new speakers or amplifiers installed.

Sorry to break the bad news.
Not great news! I appreciate your help. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just saw these posts. I don't have any problem adjusting the fader so that there is sufficient volume from the back. I routinely have it biased toward the rear, and when grandkids are with us, we put sound fully in the back for them to listen to podcasts, and have no problems.

Reactions: Karen T

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just saw these posts. I don't have any problem adjusting the fader so that there is sufficient volume from the back. I routinely have it biased toward the rear, and when grandkids are with us, we put sound fully in the back for them to listen to podcasts, and have no problems.

C&Wsinbad,
when I had my speakers adjusted to back only, I can’t adjust volume. The sound is very low! I just can’t belie e this is how it’s suppose to work!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
509 Posts
Fully to the rear you lose the tweeters in the front and the mid range speaker in the dashboard along with the door speakers. That's why it's low sounding in the rear only. System is designed for front speakers to be in play as driver/front passenger sound quality is the design goal not the kids in the back.
Take it in while it's in warranty, we can't hear it online but let the dealer hear it.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
4 Posts
C&Wsinbad,
when I had my speakers adjusted to back only, I can’t adjust volume. The sound is very low! I just can’t belie e this is how it’s suppose to work!
Same issue here. The sound is garbage for what you pay for these newer vehicles. The front sounds great, but is very biased towards it and heaven forbid someone in the third row wants to hear the music because it’s not happening. You should not have to adjust the fader in your car every time people sit behind you, NO audio system is setup to work that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this might be all subjects to hear, but for the 2020 traverse model without the Bose audio system, the front door is strictly a woofer 6.5” and then the dash is a small 3 1/2” for the mid range and then you have the Tweeter for your highs on the A pillar correct?
I’m trying to get all the speakers ordered for my wife’s traverse so I can get everything replaced from front to rear and also looked to utilize one of those LLJ customs harness for a factory looking install and so I don’t have to cut the wires. Thank you in advance, Derek.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts