Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Traverse with the tow package and can't find the right hitch to work with it. The one I have is too short and causes a lot of bouncing and noise from it. Makes me nervous going down the road with all the noise it makes. Local autopart stores have them but they have the lock pin hole too far back. Anyone have a Traverse specific hitch with 2" ball that they like. Manufacturer and Model number would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
What are you pulling? How much does it weigh?

You aren't putting a 1-1/4" drawbar in a 2" receiver, are you?

Pics might help. You're the first person I recall ever having an issue with the location of hole in the drawbar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you pulling? How much does it weigh?

You aren't putting a 1-1/4" drawbar in a 2" receiver, are you?

Pics might help. You're the first person I recall ever having an issue with the location of hole in the drawbar.
I will have to measure the drawbar itself, that's where the issue is. I didn't realize that it could be a different size one compared to my mom's car (2002 4Runner).

Just trying to pull a speedboat, 89 Bayliner, nothing special. I'll try and post some pics here tomorrow when its light out.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
677 Posts
It's a 2'' receiver and there are tons of different drop length's to get your trailer level.
There is no Traverse specific, all ball mounts are universal to the 2'' receiver on the car which is a universal hitch along with proper hitch ball size to match the ball size of the trailer.
Standard lock pin location also on each size hitch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 2'' receiver and there are tons of different drop length's to get your trailer level.
There is no Traverse specific, all ball mounts are universal to the 2'' receiver on the car which is a universal hitch along with proper hitch ball size to match the ball size of the trailer.
Standard lock pin location also on each size hitch.
Yeah I figured that but wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
677 Posts
I'll add that the unibody hitch receiver transmits way more noise into the body than the hitch on a full frame vehicle. Compared to my Tahoe the Traverse sounds like the same trailer is ready to fall off.
Was thinking about one of those rubber isolated ball mounts for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 Traverse with the tow package and can't find the right hitch to work with it. The one I have is too short and causes a lot of bouncing and noise from it. Makes me nervous going down the road with all the noise it makes. Local autopart stores have them but they have the lock pin hole too far back. Anyone have a Traverse specific hitch with 2" ball that they like. Manufacturer and Model number would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2019 as well and tow a 21' DC boat @ ~5000lbs w/trailer, gas, etc. I didn't like the rattling so, I purchased a 'hitch tightener' , Liberrway from Amazon. Due to the weight and height of the trailer and to get a level angle relative to the car, I needed zero drop. So I use a reese 2" drop bar with a Curt 40034 2" rise ball. Solution works well for me with minimal rattle. I should probably use a pick-up instead, but have kids and don't trailer all the time. Car has enough power to pull with passengers, but gets an avg of 11mi/gal. I wish the car had an higher tow rating and more powerful motor, as moving to the Tahoe is just too big for me. You're going to have to play with the hitch height to get your trailer level and keep the ball weight within spec. A too low hitch, effects braking, and overall control, too high and the trailer is loose. Measure your trailer height at the tires, then load the car as you normally would and measure your hitch height to get it level.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Hight hitch also increases probability of sway, especially on a single-axle trailer.

My Silvarado 2500HD 6.0L gas only gets about 8mpg with my 5,000 lb trailer. But I don't worry about breaking anything, either. If you worry about mpg, you need a different hobby than RV'ing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts