Traverse Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got our 19 traverse With 14,000miles back from dealer. They immediately were able to replicate the shuddering from a stop. So they flushed the trans and filled with a new/different fluid. There is a bulletin from gm about this apparently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So far only put on 100+ miles and no more shudder. Shifts great. They want us to drive about 1000miles before we come back if any problems with it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
As you may have read in my previous comments in this thread, our Traverse continued to have a slight shudder for approximately 150 miles after the fluid change. The shudder then went away for about a 1000 miles or so, and then came back very intermittently. Dealer has not kept it or driven it extensively enough to replicate. It has just over 8,000 miles now. At about 10,000 miles I'm going to change the fluid again and see if that eliminates it completely. If not, I'll drive it until the shudder becomes frequent enough that the dealer will experience it, then take it to them for repair.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve had a hunch this flush is a temporary fix. I’ll update as we put more miles on. It’s really just short trips for the wife in the traverse now so it’s hard to replicate our long distance trip with 2 adults, 4 kids 6yrs and younger with luggage for a week. After a few hundred miles I’m going to hook up 5x10 utility trailer with golf cart and drive a loop and see how it does. It’s done that with ease twice. We love our traverse!

·
Registered
214 Posts
twilly--We love ours as well. Not going to let the shudder dissuade us; trans fluid changes should resolve the issue (hopefully!).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our 2018 Traverse is back at the dealer for the 3rd time for the same shudder problem when shifting. In addition, it sometimes will not "go" when changing from reverse to drive or when auto shut off engages at a stop and I try to press on gas. I will need to put in in park and then drive to get it to "go". First time they did the fluid flush and reprogram, it went away for a few months then came back. 2nd time they did a recall reprogramming and it was doing it again by the time I drove the car home from the dealership. Took it back for a 3rd time and had a nice conversation with the service manager in person. Chevy corporate customer support is useless. It's been there for 5 days and today they told us they tried several things that did not fix it so they want to now replace the torque converter. They are giving me a loaner car but I know most people are not this lucky. I will post once I get the car back and let you know how it goes! This is a real shame as I love my Traverse but it's un-drivable in this condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got our 19 traverse With 14,000miles back from dealer. They immediately were able to replicate the shuddering from a stop. So they flushed the trans and filled with a new/different fluid. There is a bulletin from gm about this apparently.
It will come back. We've been going through this for 2 years now. Finally got them to work with us and I believe they now want to replace the torque converter. It's still at the dealer for the 3rd time for this same problem. The flush "fix" was temporary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, ours is fixed after replacing torque converter, now it's smooth as butter, shifts nice, not a single shudder on any gears. Drove about 20k after replacement already, so far so good.
Ous 2018 is at dealer now and they want to replace the torque converter. I pray this is the fix because I really love the car, but it's un-drivable with that shudder!

81 - 88 of 88 Posts