Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justbought a 2019 Redline and LOVE IT!
had a hard time trading in my 2010 Silverado 1500 it all i can say is WOW!.

I'm currently looking into getting a. custom stainless cat back exhaust made and the guy reccomends magnaflow stainless mufflers..

Also does anyone know where I can find a cold air intake for this type of 3.6 L engine

thanks

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My .02 - give up the quest. Want a throaty noise and more hp.....trade for a Camaro.

My '16 Silvy's almost out of warranty and time for an update to get the latest gizmos, but the '19s not for me with rounded wheel wells and "stylish" metro sculpting looks like it's more suited for ruffles than fender skirts.

Since I really like my '18 tricoat Redline I was toying with the idea of instead replacing the Silvy with a 19' black Redline - for about 1 second - until reality hit me. Can only drive one vehicle at a time and every vehicle has a specific purpose, a Malibu grocery getter/crappy neighborhood taxi, a Traverse all around great everyday ride, and a Silverado "donkey" for a go anywhere, anytime comfortable heavy ride and stuffing everything from loads of mulch or gravel, tall furniture, or a lawn tractor and other crap that would otherwise not fit or really tear up the other vehicles' delicate interior.

As much as I like the other vehicles and trendy gizmos, if forced to choose only one - it would be the Silverado.

CAIs and cat backs are readily available for the Silvy's, the former to make noise and the latter to gain some marginal hp. But in a Traverse? A throaty engine might go well with a sleek vehicle like a Camaro, Malibu or even Impala......but really out of place, even laughable, in a station wagon shaped vehicle like a Traverse. Thinking back to the day making a first impression when doubling with a new set of dates, should we take his "family" Olds Vista Cruiser or should we take my hot cam 302 Camaro R/T "shaker"?...... a no brainer.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just don't go sticking SS badges on it like one guy did on here a few years back...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Keep it as it is. Noboby will want your Traverse if you plan to modify it as planned if you trade it later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Lt Traverse with the same motor and no one has anything for the Traverse as of yet. Unless you go to a local shop and they make it custom for you.. Good luck in your search and if you find anything i would love to know. [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Justbought a 2019 Redline and LOVE IT!
had a hard time trading in my 2010 Silverado 1500 it all i can say is WOW!.

I'm currently looking into getting a. custom stainless cat back exhaust made and the guy reccomends magnaflow stainless mufflers..

Also does anyone know where I can find a cold air intake for this type of 3.6 L engine

thanks
I've been looking for after market parts for my 2018 Traverse and theres not much out there. You might have to have someone make things for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
QTP makes electronic cutouts in different diameters and they have wireless options. Do you know the pipe diameter?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just don't go sticking SS badges on it like one guy did on here a few years back...
they don't make an SS Traverse, so I don't see the problem if somebody does some performance and appearance upgrades and puts SS badges on. it is their vehicle and would not be passing it off as a clone or something.

To the OP, your best bet for exhaust would be a decent muffler and delete the resonators. I don't think there are many options for a CAI for these vehicles, so you may have to fab one. Chances are these days that the factory set-up would out-perform a lot of home fabbed stuff, though. I don't know how the new models airbox is set up. often the factory has silencers inside the airbox or the intake tube that can be removed. It may not effect performance at all, but you may hear the difference....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts