Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2019 Traverse with 7K miles now..bought it brand new with plastic on seats...about 2 months ago we have noticed a squeaking noise coming from rear of vehicle when hitting bumps..was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?? I'm wondering if the lift gate arms may be making the noise? When pushing down on bumper I cant get shocks to make any noise! Thanx

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue it was the spare loose take the bin out of the back and tighten down the spare tire. I have not had any noise since doing this.
Thanx my spare was loose...tightened and wife said she hasn't heard any noise since!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a new 2019 Traverse with 7K miles now..bought it brand new with plastic on seats...about 2 months ago we have noticed a squeaking noise coming from rear of vehicle when hitting bumps..was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?? I'm wondering if the lift gate arms may be making the noise? When pushing down on bumper I cant get shocks to make any noise! Thanx

Curious when you heard the noise? Was it constant? I can hear a pretty loud "squeak" when we hit a big bump or go over rough RR tracks - will have to have my hubby check the spare tire - but was curious if you heard it all of the time or not … thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious when you heard the noise? Was it constant? I can hear a pretty loud "squeak" when we hit a big bump or go over rough RR tracks - will have to have my hubby check the spare tire - but was curious if you heard it all of the time or not … thanks!!
It was more on uneven road..real big bumps sometime made a squeak...my spare tire was loose..the jack is in the middle of the tire and a big wing nut holds in place..also the nuts that hold the plastic cargo piece over the spare tire were loose I tightened everything up and my wife said she hasn't heard it since

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine made this noise from day one took me about 2 weeks to narrow it. down to the spare tire but it made noise going over speed
bumps rail road tracks stuff like that went away as soon as I tightened the spare down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have since heard the squeaking again going over big bumps! I ol spare tire out and it squeaked every now and then...I crawled under vehicle and it looks like the rubber bump stops in coil spring are hitting when the big bumps are hit...I believe the spare tire weight is not helping..I'm thinking of putting some kind of grease on top of them to keep them from squeaking when they hit!

·
Registered
13 Posts

I had the same issue and they initially told me it was the spare tire. It was not as the squeaking got worse. I removed the spare tire and it still squeaked. I could tell it was coming from outside of the vehicle in the rear. I took my Traverse in and today they called with the fix. It was the rubber bump stop that was out of alignment. They moved it back a s so far no squeaking. I actually read your post before going in and told them that I believed it was the rubber bump stop. Of course they didn’t really listen to me and tried various attempts at fixing it, then checked the rubber bump stop and located the squeaking.
Hopefully you also fixed yours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a squeaking issue and it is driving me NUTS in my 2020 Traverse. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It squeaks not just on bumps, but every time I accelerate or hit the brakes as well. It sounds like it's coming from the interior in the middle or rear right side of the vehicle. I think it's coming from the passenger side captain seat. It occurs whether someone is sitting there or not!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a squeaking issue and it is driving me NUTS in my 2020 Traverse. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It squeaks not just on bumps, but every time I accelerate or hit the brakes as well. It sounds like it's coming from the interior in the middle or rear right side of the vehicle. I think it's coming from the passenger side captain seat. It occurs whether someone is sitting there or not!!
Is this something the dealer should fix for me under warranty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a smiling issue as well. Does it kind of sound like styrofoam? They had to replace the brackets. Hasn’t made a sound since. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trpl4 - what brackets did they replace? Thx. I have a 2019 Premier and utterly disgusted with all the squeaks/creaks/rattles all over the place, feels like something will creak if you just breathe too hard. Dealership is no help to me thus far, but I know they might if I can point them in the right direction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lu
Trpl4 - what brackets did they replace? Thx. I have a 2019 Premier and utterly disgusted with all the squeaks/creaks/rattles all over the place, feels like something will creak if you just breathe too hard. Dealership is no help to me thus far, but I know they might if I can point them in the right direction.
Lucky for me My dealership is helping me out. It was the rubber bump stop that they adjusted. It’s been just over 2-3 weeks and I think I heard it squeak again. I too have a lot of squeaks and it pisses me off. Hope that helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lu

Lucky for me My dealership is helping me out. It was the rubber bump stop that they adjusted. It’s been just over 2-3 weeks and I think I heard it squeak again. I too have a lot of squeaks and it pisses me off. Hope that helps
I can’t believe the number of squeaks I hear. It’s bad

·
Registered
13 Posts
They didn’t replace anything the first time. They adjusted it and it fixed the issue for a few weeks. Started happening again and now they are replacing some parts. Once they fix it I’ll let you know what was done

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Traverse is at the dealer getting this and a few other problems addressed. They had to special order a new seat frame for the passenger-side second-row bucket seat. I guess they're going to remove the seat from the frame and put it back on a new frame. I sure hope that fixes it. It's even started to rattle as well, unless I have the seat pulled down flat. :-/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got it back. They replaced the seat frame and all seems well now! He said that they’ve seen this issue several times now. I wonder if it’s design problem, or if there was a bad batch of seat frames....glad it happened now, and hopefully won’t happen again later.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts