Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed 24" custom rims with a 10mm offset, which are brushed, after ordering the black emblem kit. Having a bit of a dilemma. Should I put the black emblems on or just debadge it. Also thought about adding colored calipers? Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
697 Posts
You can debadge the "Traverse" on the doors, and the "Traverse" on the hatch....along with the trim level (like LT), if it's there. Same with the AWD badging, if applicable.

As for the debadging the bow ties...not really possible. You could, but it wouldn't look right at all.
The rear hatch one has holes in the trim piece that it lines up with.
And the front would look awkward too, since it has the shape of the front emblem already...it'd just be a hole in the grille.

Just add the black emblems instead

· Registered
697 Posts
I'm curious if you ever decided to color the calipers? I have been considering doing the same on my new one and wonder if it's "too much" on a traverse.
It depends on the color, IMO.

Black or silver would be subtle and give a clean look.
Red, while it looks nice, would draw a lot of attention and our brakes aren't exactly anything stellar or huge to look at....especially if you have big(ger) wheels.

· Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Whenever I have a wheel off I refresh mine with some Duplicolor silver wheel paint. Stock 20's on my Traverse and Tahoe so more visible. Colored calipers are for sports cars and kids in Hyndogs IMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts