Traverse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't have the same truck as everyone else so I made some upgrades to the looks of the brakes. Ah, much better! :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good! Is that paint or a caliper cover?
If paint what kind?
Covers are tacky so I bought a new set of calipers in order to have the time to do it right. Sanded them smooth to remove casting marks and blemishes, cleaned them real good and then four coats of G2 caliper paint. After curing I gave them a coat of Adam's ceramic coating. Did the wheels inside and out at the same time. Now, thy're really easy to keep clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Lots of hours spent. How long it took you to do the job? Looks awsome

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lots of hours spent. How long it took you to do the job? Looks awsome
I didn't keep track but yes, it did take a lot of time. Was more of a labor of love and something to do in the garage. I traded in my 2017 Camaro SS 1LE for the Traverse because although a really fun car to drive, it wasn't working as a daily driver. So now my new project is to make this Traverse as nice looking as possible... because I'm a gearhead who can't leave anything stock! :confused:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I didn't keep track but yes, it did take a lot of time. Was more of a labor of love and something to do in the garage. I traded in my 2017 Camaro SS 1LE for the Traverse because although a really fun car to drive, it wasn't working as a daily driver. So now my new project is to make this Traverse as nice looking as possible... because I'm a gearhead who can't leave anything stock! :confused:
I think you have just defined "gearhead" - I have the same affliction :smile:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks great man, I was thinking red calipers would look awesome. Once mine are due for replacement definitely going to do something like this.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have been letting my gearhead membership lapse... 3 kids under 6 leaves me little time for anything but maintenance work, and when I do get some extra time I put it into the '61 Impala so the Traverse and Pilot remain relatively stock.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great man, I was thinking red calipers would look awesome. Once mine are due for replacement definitely going to do something like this.
I bought new ones so I wouldn't have any down time. Did the swap one day so.... I have the original calipers and brackets (only 4k miles on them) that I was thinking of painting red and selling. Interested?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought new ones so I wouldn't have any down time. Did the swap one day so.... I have the original calipers and brackets (only 4k miles on them) that I was thinking of painting red and selling. Interested?
Thanks, but i only have 20k on the vehicle, so i'm guessing i won't be doing this modification for at least a year or more.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Covers are tacky so I bought a new set of calipers in order to have the time to do it right. Sanded them smooth to remove casting marks and blemishes, cleaned them real good and then four coats of G2 caliper paint. After curing I gave them a coat of Adam's ceramic coating. Did the wheels inside and out at the same time. Now, thy're really easy to keep clean.
What did you do to the wheels?Paint? Clear coat?

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What did you do to the wheels?Paint? Clear coat?

Thanks
Wheels were just cleaned real well and then ceramic coated. Every other car wash I clean the inside of the rims. Super easy now because of the coating!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts