Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing that my Traverse bottoms out or at least hits the lower spring Insulator (bump stop) when there is weight in the rear and going over a speed bump. I had 4 bags of dirt in an empty car going over a bump at big box, when it hit again - even going slowly. Definitely bottoms out with a 5 people and cargo on a trip. The lower bump stop is actually developing a curve it has hit so much. 42K miles. No leaks in the shocks and i do trailer a boat occasionally. Is this normal wear and tear or seam unusual?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
Sticker inside the drivers door will tell you cargo load capacity. Passengers are to be included in the weight capacity along with cargo weight. Farther back the load is the more weight is on the rear suspension. I don't know if cargo springs are available for Traverse's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep. i had a 2016 traverse, drove in the same way with no bottoming out issue. I was alone in the car with 4x40# bags of dirt and it bottomed out, doesn't seem right. The 2019 is longer and therefore carries a greater % of weight over the rear axle, but the springs/shocks don't seem sized correctly for such little weight. I guess they just wore out too easily. Such a new car there are not many aftermarket solutions available yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts