Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a YouTube video on front bumper cover removal on 2017's and earlier, but nothing on the newer models. A few extra pieces and different electrical connector, but otherwise close. Changed OEM halogen (yellowish tint) fog light bulbs to LED to match the OEM LED headlights. Also fog light halo's added along with relocating the front license plate.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks great (I really like the fog-light halos).
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's a great looking mod. Where did you get the halo fog lights? I also like the way you repositioned the license plate. Too bad Texas doesn't eliminate the requirement for a front plate; legislature keeps talking but no action! (You may want to consider getting some plugs for the old holes for the license plate holder/bracket.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys. Haven't checked this post in a while. Don't post much because of all the armchair engineering/wrenching/critiquing after the fact that one must endure here after a post.
So that being said, the LED's were purchased from Oracle Lighting. They do not list a Traverse so I purchased a set for a Challenger, same diameter, been a few months, somewhere in the 3" - 4" range. Not really sure about your meaning on dismantling the grill. The guy that started the excellent thread below on a trans cooler install posted up a very informative write up on removing the front bumper cover. Go slow, take your time and don't break anything would be my advice. I've had my front bumper cover off twice now and the second time was a breeze compared to the first. Bit of a learning curve involved, but not too difficult. One more bit of advice that is probably in the post below - once you have all the fasteners removed, get another person to help you pull the cover loose plus you'll need help holding the cover while you disconnect the main electrical connection, at least that was the case on my 2019.

Help needed for installation of transmission cooler on...

Once you have the bumper cover off, it's just a matter of removing fasteners and hardware from the old grill and replacing with the new unit. If I can do it, so can you. Good luck !!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks guys. Haven't checked this post in a while. Don't post much because of all the armchair engineering/wrenching/critiquing after the fact that one must endure here after a post.
So that being said, the LED's were purchased from Oracle Lighting. They do not list a Traverse so I purchased a set for a Challenger, same diameter, been a few months, somewhere in the 3" - 4" range. Not really sure about your meaning on dismantling the grill. The guy that started the excellent thread below on a trans cooler install posted up a very informative write up on removing the front bumper cover. Go slow, take your time and don't break anything would be my advice. I've had my front bumper cover off twice now and the second time was a breeze compared to the first. Bit of a learning curve involved, but not too difficult. One more bit of advice that is probably in the post below - once you have all the fasteners removed, get another person to help you pull the cover loose plus you'll need help holding the cover while you disconnect the main electrical connection, at least that was the case on my 2019.

Help needed for installation of transmission cooler on...

Once you have the bumper cover off, it's just a matter of removing fasteners and hardware from the old grill and replacing with the new unit. If I can do it, so can you. Good luck !!
Ed, no one was critiquing your posts or your installations! I had (and still have) interest in the parts used, why they were used and the benefits you are seeing given your usage. You have innovated and done installations noone has considered on their Traverse, but people who tow often or live in really hot or really hilly climates may want to consider the same modifications. Come on, share the wealth and be open to questions, they are borne of interest and intrigue not out of disapproval! If you want that, head over to SilveradoSierra or TacomaWorld, those guys are ruthless.

Also, from the pictures I saw the installations looked top notch, not "garage DIY hackjob" in any way.

Reactions: c&wsinbad
1 - 6 of 6 Posts