1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Chevy Traverse
3.6L V6
74,000 miles

Today, my vehicle developed a knocking/ticking noise after driving around for about an hour. The noise seems to be coming from near the top of the engine and is much louder inside in the cab. The noise starts about 2 minutes after the engine is turned on/warmed up and ticks faster when pressing on the accelerator to a point where you don’t hear it around 2,000 RPMs. Engine oil level is fine and oil pressure is fine.
I was wondering if anyone else has this same problem as I’m hoping it’s not rod knock. Any solutions or directions to check would be much appreciated!
Recent maintenance done at 73,000 includes:
-Oil/Oil Filter change
-New spark plugs
-New Purge Valve Solenoid (vehicle had trouble starting after refueling)
-New Air Filter
-Cleaned Throttle Body
-Cleaned MAF sensor

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
OEM spark plugs?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with Sherman94 and check your injectors and the coil packs and connections. A couple simple tries, put a can of Seafoam in the gas tank and see if the noise goes away, and get a hearing device like a stethoscope and try to pin point the noise for starters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED. THE PROBLEM ENDED UP BEING A FAULTY PURGE VALVE SOLENOID, AUTOZONE SOLD ME. THE PART HAD A LIFETIME WARRANTY, SO AFTER I REPLACED IT, THE NOISE WENT AWAY

·
Registered
2020 High Country
630 Posts
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED. THE PROBLEM ENDED UP BEING A FAULTY PURGE VALVE SOLENOID, AUTOZONE SOLD ME. THE PART HAD A LIFETIME WARRANTY, SO AFTER I REPLACED IT, THE NOISE WENT AWAY
He didn't use a AC Delco OEM valve like previously asked, used a Duracrap valve instead. Now it's going to be a lifetime of replacing purge valves.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts