Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car runs fine, but after filling up, it tries to start a few times before actually starting. Engine code P0496 (Purge valve solenoid?)

Is this under warranty? I have 43k on it right now.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
on the 2019s, is the part still found way up front and or readily accessible?

Ill say this- if it is in fact easy to get to, just do it yourself.
The part is about $20 on rockauto for AC DELCO. Even less for aftermarket.

On the 1st gens- it is way up front. takes less than 5 minutes to change.
To me, it would be better to pay for the part- and change it myself vs taking to dealer and sitting there or dropping it off and getting a ride back home etc.

I have not looked at the 2nd gens engine layout.

Reactions: kelley496osu

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
ok, found a thread on here with its location...
it is doable.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Don't know if this helps, but.....

There's a new design purge valve (at least for Gen 1's). The one on my 2017 was replaced a year ago by Chevy dealer "under warranty." I didn't have the "hard to start" issue, though. See my report in the link below.

Don't know if your 2019 has the "new design" or not.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
earlier I looked up the part # for the purge valve on the 2019. then for my 2010 (on rock auto)... and they both list the same AC DELCO part # you reference in your linked post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't know if this helps, but.....

There's a new design purge valve (at least for Gen 1's). The one on my 2017 was replaced a year ago by Chevy dealer "under warranty." I didn't have the "hard to start" issue, though. See my report in the link below.

Don't know if your 2019 has the "new design" or not.

Thanks! It was not covered under warranty for the 2019. Got the part for $26 on amazon prime and it will be here today. If the installation is any different from the 2019 I will post pictures and some instructions. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, found a thread on here with its location...
it is doable.

If you have done this before...what is the trick for getting the vacuum hose lock off at the end. I see two gray pieces but don’t wanna just rip the thing off...

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
hmmm, you have a picture of the piece?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm, you have a picture of the piece?
Figured it out. You have to push up on the bottom of the vacuum hose clamp lock. Once you do that it will slide right off. When putting it back on you also have to push up again while sliding it on.

·
Registered
11,536 Posts
ok, thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have done this before...what is the trick for getting the vacuum hose lock off at the end. I see two gray pieces but don’t wanna just rip the thing off...
Mine was really dry and brittle. I was afraid to break it too. My Dad told me to take a wrench and lightly squeeze it and gently turn it. Eventually it came off fine doing that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts