Traverse Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2019 Chevrolet Traverse has recently started giving us a Service Stabilitrak warning. The warning does not always appear and it only appears during the auto stop feature. The Service Stabilitrak warning only appears when the car auto starts. This is not every time the car starts. Some times it will not give the warning all day other times it will give the warning several times in one day. The warning only appears briefly during the auto start then the warning turns off just after the warning chime stops. Any guidance is appreciated.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did have the battery tested at AutoZone and they determined that the battery was bad. They also told me that the alternator was bad. I did not replace the alternator. I replaced the battery yesterday. Today was the first day that we did not have the Service Stabilitrak warning in over a month.
I did use our Traverse information system by the speedometer to watch the voltage when I drove it. I noticed voltage from 11v up to 14v prior to replacing the battery. After I replaced the battery I notice that the voltage is between 13.5v and 14v.

I would suggest having your battery tested before you replace it. Most auto parts stores will test your battery for free.

· Registered
3 Posts
I had same issue on 2019 LT model 67k miles. Stabilitrak service warning started to come on at 63,000 miles. I changed the spark plugs and no fix. I changed the throttle body and no fix. I hooked up my tester to read the voltage at stand still with cat off and had 12.4V and read it during start up and it dropped to 4V. I read it’s not supposed to drop below 10V under load. Took it to Autozone to do a load test and it failed. Replaced the battery and the issue went away. It’s running like a champ now.

· Registered
10 Posts
So probably a stupid question, but is there anything special/specific that needs to be done to replace the battery or after the battery has been replaced?
Or is it remove the old and install the new battery?

· Registered
3 Posts
Just remove and replace. The fuses on top of the battery were tough to figure out how to remove. There’s plastic clips holding them down. No need to remove any bolts from the cables or lugs. Car has been running great after 5 weeks. I did go with a higher CCA battery. Not sure if that’s helping or not.

· Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 Traverse is in the shop right now and I was told that the Floor Shifter Assembly has to be replaced, and is causing two issues: Stabilitrak warning when the car is in auto stop, and the shift to park warning when I turn the car off. I don't have a warranty and it cost me $760 to replace. Car had probably 37K-40K when the stabilitrak warning started. The shift to park started around 50K

· Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same issue. 2018 Traverse. Service Stability warning pops on ONLY on auto start and then is gone. Not every time. Had the battery checked and they said its 100%. 70k miles. I have been overriding it by putting it in the manual gear/9 but would like to not have to do that!

I also had the shifter issue, but had it fixed a couple years ago, under warranty.

· Registered
4 Posts
Update to my update: A week after my last post the warning was back along with a ton more warnings! It all happened at once, sitting at a light. IT was nuts! My power steering went out as well. I shut the car off and restarted. Got my power steering back and all the warning lights went off. Took it in and they said they could see all the codes but it also showed they were all cleared. So weird. He thought the battery had a power surge of some sort. I replaced the battery and its been great ever since. 2 weeks today. Definitely a battery issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts